What to and what not to eat during pregnancy

Read in What to Expect Before You're Expecting that melatonin can be harmful

I don't know if this has been mentioned through the thread but can anyone advise on green tea?
Have heard that it reduces the affects of folic acid absorption. I am a bit worried as I drink a lot of it, worried I haven't been absorbing all theta lovely folic acid iv been taking for months!!

X

I was reading in What to Expect Before You're Expecting that black tea is better than green tea, I just can't remember why LOL

i got told off my midwife yesterday that you can have 4 tins of tuna a weeks
but only 2 portions of fresh tuna or mackrel fish like that if its fresh

I've definitely heard warnings about eating feta cheese before because of what was said before, but then I talked to my doc about it and she said it was an old wive's tale...now I'm really confused

I love reading through this thread, although I don't love having to give up some of my favorite foods...anything to make baby healthier!

Does anybody know if a soft cheese (particuarly brie) is ok as long as it is heated to the melting point? I ask because we are going to be in Disneyland in October and my favorite meal there is the Monte Cristo...which has brie in it and probably a few other soft cheeses. I've been known to stab hands with my fork if anybody attempts to get at my monte cristo while I'm eating it. So...it's pretty amazing and I really want to get one but if it won't be safe then I will have to settle for gazing lovingly at somebody elses.

Ive been going insane about what i should and shouldn't eat etc etc etc..
this has really helped me a lot..
thank you :hugs:

In pregnancy healthy diet is important at the same time regular exercise is also important.

On one of the pregnancy apps I downloaded, it said peanuts were fine... My GP also said peanuts were fine. So bring on the peanut butter!

What Kind of meals do you girls normally fix yourselves for lunch or Dinner?

https://www.stumbleupon.com/su/5Pyd6U/miscpix.com/t4q39

caffinne content of different drinks ^

Long lauded as the best source of protein for pregnant women, it was recently discovered that fish was also high in mercury, a condition caused by the dumping of waste into the water. Mercury can cause irreparable damage to a fetus’s developing nervous system. The debate as to whether specific fish can be considered safe or not is still ongoing, but pregnant women are currently being encouraged to avoid shark, swordfish, king mackerel, tilefish, bluefish, tuna steak, striped bass, freshwater fish and canned tuna.

Jane

If you're able to tolerate peppers and such, here's a great recipe:

Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon grated, peeled ginger root
1 lb. boneless round steak, fat trimmed and cut across grain into 1 1/2″ strips, raw
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium onions, each cut into 8 wedges
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed, and sliced
2 stalks celery, bias cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1/2 cup)
2 small green peppers, cut into thin lengthwise strips
1 cup water chestnuts, drained and sliced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water

1. Prepare marinade mixing vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger. Marinate meat in mixture while preparing vegetables.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet or wok. Stir-fry onions and mushrooms 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
3. Add celery and cook 1 more minute. Add remaining vegetables and cook 2 minutes or until green pepper is tender crisp. Transfer vegetables to warm bowl.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet.
5. Stir-fry meat in oil about 2 minutes or until meat loses its pink color.
6. Blend cornstarch and water. Stir into meat. Cook and stir until thickened.
7. Return vegetables to skillet; stir gently and serve.
6 servings

Make it once and you'll have a few leftovers! Enjoy

Jane

If you're able to tolerate peppers and such, here's a great recipe:

Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon grated, peeled ginger root
1 lb. boneless round steak, fat trimmed and cut across grain into 1 1/2″ strips, raw
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium onions, each cut into 8 wedges
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed, and sliced
2 stalks celery, bias cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1/2 cup)
2 small green peppers, cut into thin lengthwise strips
1 cup water chestnuts, drained and sliced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water

1. Prepare marinade mixing vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger. Marinate meat in mixture while preparing vegetables.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet or wok. Stir-fry onions and mushrooms 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
3. Add celery and cook 1 more minute. Add remaining vegetables and cook 2 minutes or until green pepper is tender crisp. Transfer vegetables to warm bowl.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet.
5. Stir-fry meat in oil about 2 minutes or until meat loses its pink color.
6. Blend cornstarch and water. Stir into meat. Cook and stir until thickened.
7. Return vegetables to skillet; stir gently and serve.
6 servings

Make it once and you'll have a few leftovers! Enjoy

Jane

Oh this sounds so yummy! thanks!

Thanks a lot for sharing this information. actually my wife getting pregnant and she give me a child after some time. she don't know the actual diet when pregnant. thanks a lot Wobbles.

I think the note about pasteurised cheese is a little misleading. Hard cheeses can be eaten even if they are not pasteurised. Soft cheeses such as Brie should not be eaten even if they are pasteurised. All cheeses are ok to be eaten when cooked.
Also (rather surprisingly for most) the NHS classes stilton as a hard cheese and therefore safe to eat.

Yeah Brie, Stilton and blue cheese are to be avoided, I have had lots of pizza too :D
any frozen food or nuts can be not touched.

do u wanna listen to your unborn fetus heartbeat?or record that for him or her?
while he/she borning, u could play the most beautifu music for your baby while he/she cry,then he/she will not cry any more,cuz he/she likes that sound(mom's heart -beat ),make him/her safe.

i could recommend u the fetal doopler angelsound.

thank u

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->