what to do about poop...

jessabella

Reaction score
....without the poop sprayer! I have seen how easy it is to do it with the poop/beadeu(sp?) sprayer...but I dont have one and dont know how to get one or even how to atttach it.
So what do you do...I will e using fleece liners but I am also going to try and BF so Im looking forward to the orange poop spattered everywhere and needing to be rinsed off....the family bathroom that we will be usuing doenst have a shower..it is a spa bath..so anyway what should I do...I know when its solid then I can just dump in toilet but there wotn be solids for a few months right! :shrug:

right there wont be solids till they are eating solids lol

i rinse the worst off holding the nappy or whatevers dirty in the flush of the toilet then i normally rinse using the shower head either over the toilet or on the bottom of the shower lol,
but when we had our shower resealed and couldnt use it for 24 hours then i rinsed those in a bucket of cold water twice over first to get the poo off then to rinse the nappy clean in clean water lol it was a bit more icky but bf poo if you catch it quick comes out easy some people dont even rinse BF poo at all

I just bung all the nappies on a rinse cycle before washing. never had any problemd wth stains etc. :)

You can just hold the liner/nappy in the toilet and flush :) That'll usually get most poo off, especially while it's um... fresh :rofl: That's what I do, anyway! :)

just stick them in the washer let the washer sort it

I use an old credit card....

ta da! Instant poo scraper. Can get the worst off without touching it...and then just store til you can wash :thumbup:

I hold in the flush of the toilet if the poop isnt quite solid..

really so you just flush with it in your hand..i dont know if I can get hubby to do that though!! I think he might just dump it in the bucket like it is! But it will smell right ...and well to be honest if its just the liner and not too much on the nappy Im not fussed..I just dont want my nice nappies ruined because he has dumped them in the bumket..or what if she is crying up a storm and I am trying to flush the poop..oh and I know I will eventually drop the liner in the toilet when Im half sleep!!

If shes crying, it only takes 30 secs to flush it. My OH does it fine, even preferred fleece to disposable ones!

I do what Eala and Arcanegirl does, and if they are really bad, I then do what PinkClaire recommended and do a pre wash, wash and then extra rinse, then sun them- perfect white again :) xx

For the first month or so, I had a top n tail bowl next to the changing table and would put the pooey nappies in that and deal with them later- they never smelt cos he was breastfed- BF poo is fairly unoffensive! Now he's formula fed I have to wash them straight away cos they reek :sick: for the record BF poo is runny and FF poo is thick and stodgey :sick:

So, when he was BF, I'd literally just rinse them in the sink and wring out till the water runs clear, then into bucket. Then i'd spray and wipe the sink with bathroom cleaner cos it's my only sink!

Now he's FF I do what Twiggy does and use an old tesco card to get the worst of it into the toilet, then rinse the rest in the sink and then in the bucket. Benefit of FF though: one poo every 4 days instead of one every other nappy when he was bf! :rofl:

Wow one every 4 days! Avalon goes once a day :haha:

i told hubby about the once ever 4 days and he was like...okay can we FF after the first few weeks!! hahaha
he also said he doesnt care he will do whatever for his baby girl..and then he said...
"tommorrow im going ot buy a pair of cheap tongs to hang it in the toliet"
tee hee gotta love him

I was using the shower to rinse but I was too lazy/busy to wash the bath everytime so I just rinse in the sink under a cold running tap (much easier to wash after :))

All i do is tip the flushable liner in to the toilet then throw the nappy in to the washing machine on a rinse cycle.

well the FF babies pooing every 4 days isnt necessarily the case. Jetters you started FF at 6 weeks, yeah? Thats a pretty normal time to cut down on poos anyway :) And there was a time that Hunter pooped every 3 days or so but then started teething again and its EVERY nappy :dohh: But I am no help for the OP, I rinse them with the shower head down the bath, if i use the bath i just wash it before use but i do that anyway since we shower in the bath and thats gross! (LO bathes in his tiny tub again now he sits confidently)

Wow my little man goes like 2-3 times a day lol!
And at least once or twice a day since he was a few days old lol, and that was when I BF and FF!

I just threw them in the pail and did an extra rinse before washing when she was EBF- like others have already said, BF poop isn't really smelly and rinses off really easily so it wasn't until we started on solids that I really had to knock anything into the toilet before dry pailing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->