what to do about poop...

oh the joys of poo :haha:

i had been wondering about this. i have a friend who used cloth and she just threw the reusable liner into a wet pail every nappy change for 2 days then emptied bucket into kitchen sink whilst running water. i've never even seen baby poo but i can imagine that was one hell of a mess in a bucket. :sick:

i dont really know how i will do it, but his changing table is upstairs so i presume i'll change bum take nappy and baby to bathroom and use toilet/shower and then in a bucket.

Until Mog started eating solids, we just put them straight in the bucket with the poo on and let the washing machine eat it - it's still working fine. But then we weren't remotely bothered about staining the terries, so if you're concerned about pretty nappies might not work for you. We use flushable liners now, they're super cheap and they contain pretty much everything and just go straight down the loo. Nappies don't have very much poo on anymore.

"tommorrow im going ot buy a pair of cheap tongs to hang it in the toliet"

Don't forget that you can wear a pair of rubber gloves for rinsing (easier to hold a nappy than with tongs I think). For months, I didn't even think of it (I think I got caught up in the being 'all natural' idea, but really, poo up your fingernails is a little TOO natural for my liking!). Just keep a special pair for dirty nappies - after you've rinsed the nappy, rinse the gloves, take them off and put them in the nappy bucket with the arms sticking out so that the lid holds them in place. Easy and no more pooey fingers!

I have 2 ittis that I love and have discovered they work really well for us overnight. DS decided to do the biggest poop in one of them this morning. I have rinsed pre-washed and washed and rinsed again and it has lovely orange stains on it. Need to try the sun tomorrow but I'm not a happy bunny. At least I managed to get the poop stain out of his new CT but that was a smaller poop.

my boys both bucked their usual trend and did big sticky poos right before bed yay totally gross to clean up before i had my dinner but had to do it as i needed to get the wash on

I just left the early day bf poos in the nappy and chucked it in the washing machine - just did a prewash first - never had any issues.

Now she's eating solids her poop is kinda soft solid so I just shake it over the loo so any that is big enough to fall out will but if its too soft or squashed in (mm nice) to the nappy then I just bung it in as before. I never get stains either! Just add an extra rinse of the end!

I scrape with a knife, and rinse the knife in the toilet flush after and then spray the knife with anti bacterial and wipe with loo roll. Works great every time. No real stains here :thumbup:

sahara why not use an old expried credit card or something im using my last nhs maternity exeption card that i had when pregnant with ds1

I can't imagine using a credit card or knife! I'm going to shake, rinse wash and if that's not enough then that liner is going to the tip!! Haha

honestly when they poop explode in a really nice nappy that cost you alot and it gets all over the nappy as well as the liner then you will do anything to get it clean even if it means getting your hands in a bucket and rinsing and srubbing till its clean

honestly when they poop explode in a really nice nappy that cost you alot and it gets all over the nappy as well as the liner then you will do anything to get it clean even if it means getting your hands in a bucket and rinsing and srubbing till its clean

Yep - I did this yesterday with my CT

yeah well i have one baby yet to poop and one toddler on his 3rd of the day now, im never giving this boy beans again

hahaha beans...
yeah I know what youre saying.I just dont know about the scraping bit..I dont mind getting my hands dirty though..slap on the gloves...
I just think the scraping is weird to me..I can see myself flinging it on the wall!! hahaha

oooo might try that - not thought of a credit card.

See i can't stand the thought of rinsing esp in the sink bleurgh.

Scraping wise i just dangle it the the loo and scrape. hehe its funny hearing how we all deal with poo!!!

lol best thing ive found is to slap it down dirty side up on the bottom of the shower and power spray it down with the shower hose as we have an adjustable one turned on cold and the spray tension changed and it cleans up anything left on the nappy after the majority has been scrapped or flicked down the loo

As I have to do a nappy wash every day at the min and he generally poos only once a day today I have put his poopy nappy straight into the machine and put my nappies on a rinse cycle. Lets see how this works lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->