What to do!

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Okay so we live in a semi detached house. We have fascias and guttering, one corner of our guttering has started pouring and has rotted some of the already tatty fascia. We also have drip in the guttering more on our side but kind of in the middle of ours and next doors which has been there for a couple of years now. Lol. I got someone to pop and have a look today and to clean the guttering and replace the joint where the drip is and to adjust the corner bit of guttering where it is pouring they have quoted £30 which is fab.

Now a couple of months ago next door said they are going to look into replacing their guttering (and possibly fascias) I think it was. The guy was gonna do it himself and said he would look at prices etc and see if cost effective and asked if we wanted ours done at same time. I said if he lets us know then we will likely have it done. He said he reckoned approx £100-£150 would be our half to pay but said he would look at it and let us know. Now we havent heard anything since and to be honest money isnt great (I am back after maternity on less hours) and we have holiday coming up then lo birthday then christmas then to save for our hol next year and so we cant afford the £100-£150 to have it done so if he asked we would say we will have to give it a miss. I am happy to fork out the £30 for the couple of bits that need doing which will tide us over til we can get it all done in approx 1 1/2 years (inc fascias). I have mentioned it to hubby and he said next door might take it funny if we get the bits fixed that we need doing. But I dont wanna go to next door and say we cant afford to have our half of the house done but are gonna get a couple of things fixed to tide us over til we can as it may seem as though we are hinting but it also may be a thing of he isnt gonna bother doing it himself cause doesnt work out cost effective specially as it hasnt been mentioned. And we arent like buds with them so to speak so bit awkward. Lol.

I want to book the couple of bits to be fixed next week and there is a chance someone may not be home next door when it is done anyway so they would never know then if they ever did ask about going halves I could then just say we have to give it a miss as we havent got the cash at the moment.

What would you do?!! Lol.

xx

Lol everything you said is exactly what I would be thinking if it was me even the bit about hoping they wouldn't be home when the workman came! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->