what to expect with smear test......

Gemmamumof2

mummy of 2 ttc 3rd x
Reaction score
I just turned 25 and got my letter through saying i need go for smear test, which is now booked for wednesday.

i know pretty much what they do, but do they ask any questions etc? so i need full bladder for a urine test etc? or is it literally just a smear test/

I think they ask when your last period was.You won't need a full bladder.xx

I didn't have a full bladder or anything. Asked about my cycles, anything that might concern me etc etc.

The nurse just inserted a speculum that was slightly lubed up and some kind of swab and gently scraped my cervix. Doesn't hurt, just a tad uncomfortable.

Good Luck :flower:

I've never been told you need a full bladder. As mentioned above they stick a speculum inside (if they're nice they'll warm it up a little under warm water - much better than cold).
Personally I find PAP tests to be quite uncomfortable; partly because I have a tilted uterus and cervix and the doc always has an issue finding it. (not fun).

But don't worry, they aren't scary. Maybe a little akward, but I can think of worse things.

thankyou, i was googling it and there was some people saying it was a 'full service' they take urine tests and all sorts then others saying they dont so got me all confused.

thankyou yeek soooo nervous

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"