what to expect with smear test......

Discussion in 'Your Health & Wellbeing' started by Gemmamumof2, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Gemmamumof2

Gemmamumof2 mummy of 2 ttc 3rd x

I just turned 25 and got my letter through saying i need go for smear test, which is now booked for wednesday.

i know pretty much what they do, but do they ask any questions etc? so i need full bladder for a urine test etc? or is it literally just a smear test/

2. Harveysmum369

Harveysmum369 Mrs Christmas

I think they ask when your last period was.You won't need a full bladder.xx

3. Faythe

Faythe Slightly Crunchy

I didn't have a full bladder or anything. Asked about my cycles, anything that might concern me etc etc.

The nurse just inserted a speculum that was slightly lubed up and some kind of swab and gently scraped my cervix. Doesn't hurt, just a tad uncomfortable.

Good Luck :flower:

4. lu-is

lu-is Mom of 1 bouncing boy!

I've never been told you need a full bladder. As mentioned above they stick a speculum inside (if they're nice they'll warm it up a little under warm water - much better than cold).
    Personally I find PAP tests to be quite uncomfortable; partly because I have a tilted uterus and cervix and the doc always has an issue finding it. (not fun).

But don't worry, they aren't scary. Maybe a little akward, but I can think of worse things.

5. Gemmamumof2

Gemmamumof2 mummy of 2 ttc 3rd x

thankyou, i was googling it and there was some people saying it was a 'full service' they take urine tests and all sorts then others saying they dont so got me all confused.

thankyou yeek soooo nervous