What to give an 8 month old?

monkee12

Reaction score
LO is nearly 9 months old, what do you feed your 8 month old? Do you still purée food? Thanks

We have been following BLW so my LG is quite independent now with her food. She eats all sorts including finger foods and similar to what we eat minus salty and spicy items. Every child is different though, my son took much longer to develop the desire for lumps/texture. We had little choice with daughter as she refused to be fed from a spoon especially savoury purée.

Dd is 7m but she doesnt really eat any differently to what ds did at 8 months. Ds was tw and dd has done blw but ds didnt have puree at 8 months it was either mashed or lightly chopped. There's nothing except whole nuts and honey that they can't have at 8months its just what your comfortable giving.

An example of what dd eats for ideas.

Yesterday.
Porridge. We spoon feed breakfast. Banana cut into peices
Chicken and cheese sandwhich. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberry s and raspberries. I give fruit like this whole. If its a bigger fruit e.g mango, melon, pineapple I cut it into finger size peices.
Chicken strips, butternut sqaush wedges and corn on the cob, with 2 heinz biscotti biscuits for pudding.

Todays so far
Toast and strawberries
A wrap with tuna, cucumber sticks, some organix carrot crisps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->