What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

if you are going to bottle feed then yes i would put some bibs in as i have found bottled fed babies seem to sick up more than breastfed babies. (well thats how it was with my last 2)

I have just packed toothpaste and brush now as I ALWAYS forget to take this no matter where I go, holidays, sleepovers you name it I forget toothpaste and brush !! Tesco sell the little mini tubes for 89p.

Facewipes are another I couldn't live without and slippers !

Pillow will def be coming with me as when I was admitted to hosp back in first tri they gave me a horrid flat plastic pillow thingy that may as well of been the doormat, it was so awful.

I will probably end up taking everything I don't need and nothing that I do :rofl:

I've bought some bits and pieces for mine today, and am off to see what I actually bought now :dohh:

I'll be back to update with a list of what I have so far!

Right, so far I have:

For me:

Nightdress x1
Slippers x1 pair
Bedsocks x 1 pair
Bobbles
(Hairbrush to be packed)
Mini shampoo, conditioner, bodywash and deodorant for after shower
Labour massage oil
Labour pulsepoint aromatherapy oil
Breastpads x 6
Maternity pads x10 (pack of 10)
Pack of three cheapy knickers
Nursing bras x2
toothbrush x 1
toothpaste x 1

For baby:

Two pairs of socks (paranoid about losing a sock :rofl:)
Scratch mitts
2 hats (one fancy one which might be a bit big, and one plain white tiny one)
Going home outfit
A couple of nappies (though the hosp. provides anyway)
Babygro for wearing in hospital, though I'm hoping not to be in long!
2 bibs
(Still to buy a cardi or light jacket for going home in)

To put in at last minute:

Notes!
Phone
Some change for food/drinks
Mp3 player (and dock if I'm allowed!)

Great post - have my hospital and baby bag already packed and at the ready.

I'm gonna add magazines/books to my bag as I have no idea how long I'll be there and also overdo it on the snack front as thats where we went wrong last time!

This has also reminded me to update the hospital action plan thing so family know what to do - my father in law will look after our son when I'm in hospital.

When i was admitted over xmas a lady's water kept going in bits here and there but enough to soak through, she went through ALL her nighties and had none left (sounds like she had a few) and ended up in a hospital gown :(

this reason ANY spare space i have i will fill with nighties loL! worst time to be uncomfy!

i know how uncomfy hospital nightes are. had to wear them when i was admitted with DS as 37 weeks

monkeh u will prob need more knickers an maternity pads

You think so? My cmu like to have you out as soon as possible after baby is born. I'm hoping to be out quick! I guess I could pack more, but I'm not sure whether I'll use 10 maternity pads in a few hours. I can always send someone out for more. I only live 5mins from the hospital anyway. Will buy another pack of cheapy knickers though, they were only £1 for 3 pairs in asda :lol:

it usually depends if it first baby or not.. think ost places like you to stay in one night if it 1st baby but if it isnt then usually after 6 hours you are free (depending on the time baby arrives)

I think it would be like that if I went to a consultant led unit. My midwife led unit lets you out once the paediatrician has been round (usually around 10am I think!) so it could be an overnight, or I could be lucky and only be in a few hours :)

No harm in putting another pack of mat pads in though. My bag already weighs a tonne :rofl:

My hospital bag so far.

For me;

3 nighties
1 pair pj bottoms
2 big tops ( ohs :blush: )
1 thin dressing gown
1 pair slippers
20 maternity pads
40 disposable breastpads
1 bottle antibacterial lotion
10 pairs knickers
3 pairs black cotton bottoms ( for coming home or wearing under my nightie, depening how bad i bleed)
bed socks

thats it i think.. cant think off the top of my head.

Will update with the babys list and random bits such as camera,money ect when i sort that out :) Can anyone think of anything ive missed clothes/protection wise? x

some people like to pack anti bactirial wipes for when they use the bathroom. just to make sure the toilet seat is actually clean

What about a jug for pouring water over your bits when you have your first wee? Or a bottle of water I guess. Apparently this makes it MUCH less painful, although I am only going on hearsay.

I have to say, Asda were fantastic for the pads and bits for hospital - I got more breast pads, sanitary pads and disposable knickers and they're all really cheap!

I've drawn up a plan of action and put it on our fridge - although I know roughly what to do when the time comes, panic will no doubt take over and my mind will go blank. This paper has all the phone numbers I need, who to contact, what to take etc etc.

Can I ask what may be a really stupid question?:blush:

But I am planning on baby wearing vests and sleepsuits its first few weeks so am taking in some newborn and 0-3 months vests and suits as the baby might be bigger in length or weight and not fit newborn BUT do I need to pack socks for baby of he is going to be wearing sleepsuits?

Like do they wera them under the suit or anything?

Sorry for the stupidity.

Emma.xx

I never did put socks on with sleep suits but if i was going out anywhere i did used to pop a pair of booties on. Hope this helps xx

I didn't put socks under the sleepsuits either but bootees if going outside :)

I am bringing my huge comfy pillow with me this time,big mistake not taking it last two times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->