What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

Silly question alert...

Do you just wear pjs in hospital??? I was only planning on taking one outfit for going hom and slumming in my fetching maternity nighties...

yeh just pj's and nighties im not even taking what im wearing home im gna get my oh to bring it (more room in the bag then lol)

im going to be keeping some spare nappies, cotton wool balls and maternity pads in boot of car aswell

Will also be packing some wet wipes to 'freshen up' if i feel the need!!!

Thanks for this list its fab :) xxxx

Not sure if its already been mentioned but I would pack some normal night time sanitary towels aswell as I found maternity pads absolutely awful. So much spillage, very embarrassing and I had very light bleeding.

Also - in case you end up with a section (I never thought I would have one in a million years) pack big pants i.e the kind that come up to ur belly button

I know it sounds silly but you know how certain smells relax you? I don't like lavendar which is a popular one. The smell that relaxes me is the detergent I wash my clothes in!! LOL it's called apple mango tango by Gain. I'm seriously planning on dipping a wash cloth or something in it and putting it in a plastic bag to take along. LOL

Great post guys! There are so many things that I wouldn't have packed!!!

Great thread ladies, much appreciated :)

Well I like to be prepared so have come up with this, I think it's bear essentials for a waterbirth and going home asap:

Bag 1

maternity notes
------------
light robe and slippers
bikini top and 2x big knickers
hand fan
bath pillow
cds
flannel
2 small towels
carrier bags
snacks and drinks
camera
birth ball and pump
Hankies
(then hubby would take all that home except for camera, robe and slippers and come back with the car seat)

Bag 2

2 x nighty
maternity pads
4 pairs big knickers
clothing for home
wet wipes
toothbrush/toothpaste
brush/deoderant
2 small towels
breast pads
carrier bags
anti bac wipes
snacks and drinks
hand gel

Bag 3

nappies / bags
wipes
cotton wool
2 babygros (1 first size / 1 0-3)
2 vests (1 first size /1 0-3)
scratch mits
warm hat
going home outfit
blanket
booties

I know it's way to early to plan for this as i'm only in my first trimester, but from the looks of things i'm going to have to start packing already! https://www.photopile.info/img/c/n.gif

i'm glad i've found this forum though. looks like there's ALOT of support here.

Going to start doing mine today I think! Washing a few bits now to put in there!

I've been out today and bought my bag, a DARK towel as we only have light ones, a dark nightie and dark PJs. Gonna start packing in a minute, it's quite exciting! :)

Ooh question... How many nappies should I pack? It's my first baby and I'm quite young, so think they might keep me in for a day at least.

I imagine the hospital will have nappies anyway so I would say take 5 just to see you through incase they dont provide them and gives your OH time to bring in more.

not all hospitals provide nappies

I've put in 12. everywhere says a pack which is 24! i figured few changes every few hours if im there full day/night. and then more if im kept in can be brought

I think I only put in 4 or 5 nappies.

I'd hate to be in there so long I'd need any more than that! I'm definitely relying on my cmu's usual practice of only keeping people in til the paediatrician comes round!

My cmu supplies nappies anyway, and I only live 5mins away, so if I need more it won't be a problem.

All being well my m/w said I'll be back home asap, and I read that it's usually 6 hours after the birth or sooner - i would rather pack for say overnight though just incase, would hate to be caught short for anything but not go too mad with stuff especially as what we'll take wont fit in a locker anyway - there's an idea - take a handbag that you can lock away with any money in etc or take the the loo with you and just put your big stuff under the bed.

Iv just bought maxi super pads. There massive, will they be ok?

should be ive put in some super absorbant pads in and some night time pads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->