What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

A brilliant idea just came to me, toiletries wise use samples! I found a bundle of shampoo and conditioner samples so in my bag they went :D

Id put quite a few nappies in lilly was going like mad in that first day

Iv just bought maxi super pads. There massive, will they be ok?

apparantly they like you to use proper maternity pads as they dont mask infection and i have heard that if you have stitches they are easier on your bits!
Dont quote me on this but i think we have to show the midwife our pads (?) anyone know if this is true or not?

After just getting home and still washing loads full lol ...

I thought id pop on here, After having to non sicky babies before i packed by what i had used previously , But Oscar is a very sicky baby and i was really running out of bibs.

So pack plenty girls, Even if you think you dont need that many .

And allso i got great use out of my travel changing mat . x .

I have the midwife tomorow so will ask her, thanks x

Midwife said they were fine.
Also what size bag does everyone have?

Pack chocolate biscuits to bribe the staff, it works a treat.

Oo... I had a thought - I'm packing my 'baby on board' sign to fix inside the car for the journey home. I don't like nutters pulling up close behind, especially when there's a little one on board. Might stir up some morals in some bad drivers!

Great post by the way! :happydance:

I have a small travel suitcase on wheels...like flight attendants have. Also a shoulder bag for small stuff during labour like snacks, juice, mags, fan camera etc etc. Still deciding if I should pack a carrier bag with nappies and grows just incase so OH can bring it in if needed...or do I trust him enough to pick out the right stuff?:muaha:

Emma.xx

great post!

So hadn't even given this a thought...think I need to start being some bits! I sooo don't own a single nightie lol

Great thread!!!!

Even though I'm due today (aaah!) and my bags have been packed for ages - i really thought the tip of bringing spare T-Shirt for OH was agood tip as I forgot last time just what a grubby mess he was in by the end of a v long labour!

My own personal must have is my fave minieggs - i know they will help me get through it!

Hugs, CXXXXX

Is anyone considering waterbirth/using pool for pain relief, and if so, are you packing a different tshirt/bra/whatever to wear in the pool, or are you just hopping in in your birthday suit? :lol:

I'm not sure whether to wear something or not? :confused:

im having a water birth hun and have been thinking what to wear for ages. as they say a baggy tshirt is what you should pack - but in a water pool the tshirt is going to get rather in the way, clingy and cold if your there for a long time!
so i think im going with a bikini top and and take a few tshirts with me just in case. gona have a dressing gown then when i get in and out of the pool. ooh i didnt htink about extra clothes for OH- good idea. it says for them to take bathers to get in the pool- will yours be getting in with you/> i quite like the idea its just for me. lol x

I don't fancy wearing a tshirt, not only cause it'll get uncomfy/possibly cold, but what about skin-to skin afterwards? Wouldn't want to me messing around trying to get a sodden tshirt out the way :lol: I'm thinking bikini top/bra/bugger it and go nekkid :lol: Will pack something and see how I feel at the time!

I don't have an OH, so nobody will be in the pool with me :) I doubt I'd want someone in with me anyway. Would get in the way I think.

My bags are getting bigger and bigger! I've just put a small notebook and pen in my bag in case I get a few moments where I want to jot down my thoughts.

xxxx

i FOUND THAT EVEN THOUGH I ONLY PACKED THE "ESSENTIALS" (ooops soz bout the caps there! :blush:) i didn't need the half of it....

e.g. nappies - i had far too many with me as hospital gave me some when bub arrived
maternity pads - only used less than 1 pack
breast pads - i was milk-less til after i got home anyway
dressing gown - took up LOADS of space but didn't even see the light of day....
warm socks for labour - i didn't have time/energy to think about cold feet!!
baby toiletries - hospital supplied them when they came to do the "bathing your baby" talk
vaseline/lipbalm for labour - they gave me some in delivery suite before i had a chance to look in my bag for the one i'd packed

but everyone's different lol i guess what i'm trying to say is, just coz one person deems something/ a certain amount of something "essential" doesn't necessarily mean you will too..... so go through the lists you find and have a think if YOU reckon you'll need it....

What about some relaxation or meditation music, that you can put on your iPod to help you get through contractions! I love my rainforest nature music when I am not well or when I am trying to sleep. I close my eyes and listen to it, would be great for during contractions or even when you are trying to sleep in a noisy hospital.

Is anyone considering waterbirth/using pool for pain relief, and if so, are you packing a different tshirt/bra/whatever to wear in the pool, or are you just hopping in in your birthday suit? :lol:

I'm not sure whether to wear something or not? :confused:

i am definately considering this :) I have packed my swimmers (bikini) just in case i dont wanna be fully out there and exposed lol... so to speak :)

Yeah I'm not sure how comfortable I'll be with having nothing on, but it's only gonna be a mw and my Mum there anyway, so, I dunno.

Bikini top would be good, but I have problems finding ones that fit, being rather large on top. Hmm, might go see if I can hunt one down over the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->