What to say...?

TFSGirl

Pregnant with 1st bean
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have a friend who is going through a very difficult time becoming pregnant, and they just did IVF and found out today that neither of the embryos took....I'm feeling devastated for her, but I don't know what to say or do to be supportive. I personally can't imagine her heartbreak right now. Her husband had virtually no sperm and was able to produce enough that they could inject 12 eggs with his sperm. Only 2 made it far enough to be implanted. And neither one got comfy :(
What do I say? Anything? I just want to make sure I don't make the heartache worse.
I lost a step daughter so I do know child loss, but this is a different kind of loss and heartache altogether. I realize that.

Maybe a thinking of you card or some flowers... Just to let her know you're thinking of her???

I could have written that almost word for word....

A very close friend of my husband and I (he was best man and she was maid of honour at our wedding), have just had they're first cycle of ivf. They got their bfp a couple of weeks ago but she started bleeding 2 days ago and now after a scan has been told that she's miscarried :( I'm devastated for them both. I miscarried twins last year so know how she's feeling yet I don't know what to say to her. Esp now that they know hubby and I are ttc ourselves! If you figure out something please let me know as my heart is breaking for my friend as is yours for your friend I imagine xx

All you can really say is sorry and if they want to talk about it, you'll be there. People grieve in different ways and some want dinner and drinks out, and others just want to hang with their spouse and do stuff by themselves. Just reach out and let them know you're available whenever they are ready. I know failure big time and it sucks, but just knowing people love you, care for you and want the best, is often just what someone needs to hear. Sorry for your friends. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->