What to wear to my 12 week scan?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Elphaba12, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Elphaba12

Elphaba12 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, I have my scan later this week and I know this may seem like an odd question but what should I wear:blush:

I mean should I wear something loosefitting or just my normal jeans/trousers kind of thing. I'm so nervous about it and I know I'm just stressing the little things now but it would put my mind at rest to know what everyone else did.

Thanks x

2. ashley2pink

ashley2pink Mom to 4 girls

Either, they will just have you most likely unzip your pants, or pull loose ones down to about your pelvis bone. Good Luck

3. AndreaBat

AndreaBat Well-Known Member

U can wear anything - but not a dress if u dont want to take it all off. Good luck.

4. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

i think something your comfortable in, i think for maddi's i just wore jeans :hugs: x

5. Waitin4astork

Waitin4astork Mummy to our prince :)

I wore jeans to mine- you'll just have to unzip and pull them down just to your bikini line. Unless you want to have it pulled over your head, I agree with AndreaBat- avoid a dress ;)

6. Stef

Stef Mummy to Olivia & PG #2

I just wore jeans to all of mine, dont fret they will ask you to undo them and pull them down a little, but dont worry you wont have you lady garden on show
    :haha:

xx

7. babyblessed

babyblessed Well-Known Member

yeh, trousers so you can just pull them down a bit, i always wax too, just in case any on show, i know it is silly but i am so paranoid about that :wacko:

when i went into labour with my last the first thing i did was run a bath so could tidy up down there :blush: well if ever its on display, its definately on display then :haha:

8. darkNlovely

darkNlovely Guest

I think jogging pants (cotton) would be ideal with any loose fitting top. it will be easier insead of having to unzip anything and it's stretchy.

9. Vicki_g

Vicki_g Well-Known Member

Jeans have been mega-uncomfy for me for weeks so I wore thick tights/leggings (either!) with a jumper dress. I just needed to hitch the jumper dress over my tummy and rolled the leggings/tights down a tad to my 'area'. Didn't take it all off or anything. I did take my Ugg boots off though, I felt strange leaving them on whilst lying on the bed! Good luck :)

10. Elphaba12

Elphaba12 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies everyone, I knew I was stressing over nothing.

Jeans it is then, they are actually looser on me now that when I first found out I was pg due to all the sickness and lack of appetite so no worries about being uncomfortable. x