What TTC cycle number are you on? 105 ladies, 32 BFPs, 6 angel baby

Thanks Liz. Good luck to you too! Are you in the uk? When do you plan on seeking help if it still hasnt happened? X

Im in america, well i was going to seek help now but we are NTNP now

To be more relaxed? I really hope it happens for you x

Yea that and cause we are trying to pay a fe things off before we really start trying again. So if it happens it happens, im still temping to see how my cycles go and what not.

im cd3 round 4. first was unmedicated iui, 2nd and 3rd femara iui and this round im doing gonal f. just dont wanna screw around anymore. it is all making me too crazy.

Hi ladies! Hope you don't mind if I join you. DH and I are on Cycle 4, at 5.5 months in. (Plus another few cycles of TTC last year that I'm not counting as part of this go as it get depressing to add all of the tries together.) I have long cycles, plus I was 8 days late O'ing last month and am looking like I will be even later this month. DH also had a bad result on his semen analysis at the beginning of this month, so we are battling that as well.

If anyone has any home-remedies for getting O to happen faster, please let me know.

I'm currently taking FertilAid with Vitex (to balance hormones and treat my PMDD, and it also has folic acid, so it covers as a preconception prenatal as well), b6/b12, Calcium, Omegas, Mucinex to thin CM, and drinking a fertility blend tea. I've been charting BBT since last March (though I don't have all of my charts up on my FF homepage), and I do my OPK's morning, noon, and night. We also use PreSeed and SoftCups when we BD. (I know all of this sounds a bit nuts, but counting last year's attempts, we're quite a ways in to the TTC journey.)

I can't wait to get to know you all a bit better. :dust:

Welcome! I'd recommend only OPKing in the afternoon that's when the LH is at it's peak, morning and evening LH levels are always low. (unless of course you are Oing that day then it will be high all day)

Thanks lizlovelust!

I keep pretty odd hours so I'm not sure how that effects my OPK's. Generally, I test at 12p (when I wake up) and at around 7p (because I'm not sure if the "morning" LH rule applies to 12p urine...). I also test late night at bedtime because my DH is interested in what that one says. (That's the one he's not at work during so he can actually participate.) Anyway, we only pay $55 for 100 of them, so I don't feel so bad about using so many. :winkwink:

PS: I really like your user icon!

Thanks lizlovelust!

I keep pretty odd hours so I'm not sure how that effects my OPK's. Generally, I test at 12p (when I wake up) and at around 7p (because I'm not sure if the "morning" LH rule applies to 12p urine...). I also test late night at bedtime because my DH is interested in what that one says. (That's the one he's not at work during so he can actually participate.) Anyway, we only pay $55 for 100 of them, so I don't feel so bad about using so many. :winkwink:

Good luck to you! Sounds like you've been through a lot. I have odd hours too and varying wake up times so I haven't really tried to temp. I bought I thermometer but I'm not sure how much good it will do me. I am going to try fertilaid out though as soon as it comes in the mail. I skipped a cycle this last month so I am hoping it will help regulate me. I started a thread asking for input on Fertilaid but haven't gotten any responses....threads in the general TTC forum end up at the bottom of the list very quickly! Have you liked Fertilaid?

Thanks lizlovelust!

Good luck to you! Sounds like you've been through a lot. I have odd hours too and varying wake up times so I haven't really tried to temp. I bought I thermometer but I'm not sure how much good it will do me. I am going to try fertilaid out though as soon as it comes in the mail. I skipped a cycle this last month so I am hoping it will help regulate me. I started a thread asking for input on Fertilaid but haven't gotten any responses....threads in the general TTC forum end up at the bottom of the list very quickly! Have you liked Fertilaid?

Hmmm... FertilAid can really vary from person to person, so it can totally be different for everyone. The main thing the Chastberry in it does is balance your hormones, so it will get you to your bodies best balance. I gained some weight over the winter and have been having really long cycles since then (O'd on CD26 last month and still haven't O'd this month and I'm on CD24) but I've only been taking the FertilAid since I O'd last cycle. They say it can take 3+ months for it to really regulate everything so I'm thinking I'll start to see final results in another month or two.

What I have noticed so far:

1. A substantial improvement in my PMDD. Almost no symptoms during the two weeks between O and AF. (If you look up the description of PMDD on wikipedia, I had all of the symptoms, every single one, and they were very, very bad.)

2. No more emotional food cravings. For the first time since adolescence I can actually tell when I'm hungry and am no longer normally driven to eat by hormones or what I call "head hunger" (as compared to tummy hunger).

3. I am falling asleep a lot more easily at night and staying asleep better.

4. I have more energy. (Maybe because I'm sleeping better?)

5. My luteal phase went from starting AF on 15dpo to starting AF on 17dpo.

6. I am dealing with my LF mood swings better: Though I haven't O'd yet this cycle, my LH level is fluctuating as it always does. When it changes, I'm usually very irritable for a day. I'm still irritable this cycle, but I haven't snapped at anyone. A real improvement for me.

THE ONE NEGATIVE THING I'VE NOTICED: My CM has gotten a LOT dryer than usual. I'm not sure what's causing it. You may want to get FertilCM as well, though I cannot vouch for it and I can't take it. (Unlike FertilAid, it makes my moods insanely worse instead of better. I took FertilCM for a week and almost had a nervous breakdown- but that probably has to do with how unstable my hormone reactions are. I've heard a lot of girls say they really like FertilCM.... as for me, I'm taking mucinex to thin the CM I do have.)

I don't know if any of that helps, but that's how it's been for me.

If you want to lengthen your LP, I definitely do recommend it. I can't believe AF didn't come until 17dpo last time. I don't know if that's just getting ridiculous, but it's nice to know that if I do have an egg that gets fertilized, it has PLENTY of time to implant.

PS: For BBT what I did was pick the time I am always asleep, no matter when I go to bed and when I wake up. You pretty much have a half hour window, so I alwys temp between 8:30a and 9a. My sleep hours are always a bit wonky, but I know I will be asleep then and I will have had at least 3 hours of sleep by then and the latest I ever get to bed is around 5:30a.

Link sprinkles, you should buy OPKs off ebay if you test three a day, you can get 100 of them for 30 dollars give or take!

Hope this cycle is it for you!

Last cycle OPKs didnt work for me so im. not using them this cycle, they kept being dark but not positive like everyday and i got a positive 9 days before AF, first time they have failed me.

Afternoon all,its glorious here,enjoying my wks holiday with lovely weather,i hope everyone is good x

Afternoon all,its glorious here,enjoying my wks holiday with lovely weather,i hope everyone is good x

One more day of work for me and then I'm off for a week! :happydance: It's been horrendously windy yesterday and today here! It kept waking me up last night it was so loud. I have to sleep with a box fan running or else any little noise wakes me, had to turn it up a level last night so I couldn't hear the wind howling and whipping around the house. :sleep:

The weather has been so lovely! Great way to start day light savings :)

Thanks lizlovelust!

Hmmm... FertilAid can really vary from person to person, so it can totally be different for everyone. The main thing the Chastberry in it does is balance your hormones, so it will get you to your bodies best balance. I gained some weight over the winter and have been having really long cycles since then (O'd on CD26 last month and still haven't O'd this month and I'm on CD24) but I've only been taking the FertilAid since I O'd last cycle. They say it can take 3+ months for it to really regulate everything so I'm thinking I'll start to see final results in another month or two.

1. A substantial improvement in my PMDD. Almost no symptoms during the two weeks between O and AF. (If you look up the description of PMDD on wikipedia, I had all of the symptoms, every single one, and they were very, very bad.)

2. No more emotional food cravings. For the first time since adolescence I can actually tell when I'm hungry and am no longer normally driven to eat by hormones or what I call "head hunger" (as compared to tummy hunger).

6. I am dealing with my LF mood swings better: Though I haven't O'd yet this cycle, my LH level is fluctuating as it always does. When it changes, I'm usually very irritable for a day. I'm still irritable this cycle, but I haven't snapped at anyone. A real improvement for me.

THE ONE NEGATIVE THING I'VE NOTICED: My CM has gotten a LOT dryer than usual. I'm not sure what's causing it. You may want to get FertilCM as well, though I cannot vouch for it and I can't take it. (Unlike FertilAid, it makes my moods insanely worse instead of better. I took FertilCM for a week and almost had a nervous breakdown- but that probably has to do with how unstable my hormone reactions are. I've heard a lot of girls say they really like FertilCM.... as for me, I'm taking mucinex to thin the CM I do have.)

If you want to lengthen your LP, I definitely do recommend it. I can't believe AF didn't come until 17dpo last time. I don't know if that's just getting ridiculous, but it's nice to know that if I do have an egg that gets fertilized, it has PLENTY of time to implant.

PS: For BBT what I did was pick the time I am always asleep, no matter when I go to bed and when I wake up. You pretty much have a half hour window, so I alwys temp between 8:30a and 9a. My sleep hours are always a bit wonky, but I know I will be asleep then and I will have had at least 3 hours of sleep by then and the latest I ever get to bed is around 5:30a.

Thank you for the input! I am excited to see how it goes for me. I am definitely feeling different since I stopped BCP. I typically don't have any mood changes and I haven't really noticed that without the BCP either. This AF though I was back to having horrendous cramping, extremely fatigued, a headache everyday, and I had awful breast tenderness for about 12 days. I think all that stuff was worse this time partially b/c of the fact that I skipped AF last month. However, this is how my cycles were before plus skipping cycles and that's all the biggest reason I went on BCP. I had high hopes when I stopped it for TTC so I really hope the Fertilaid can help!

One more day of work for me and then I'm off for a week! :happydance: It's been horrendously windy yesterday and today here! It kept waking me up last night it was so loud. I have to sleep with a box fan running or else any little noise wakes me, had to turn it up a level last night so I couldn't hear the wind howling and whipping around the house. :sleep:

Ah i hope the wind dies down,I'm a really light sleeper too

Thanks lizlovelust!

Thank you for the input! I am excited to see how it goes for me. I am definitely feeling different since I stopped BCP. I typically don't have any mood changes and I haven't really noticed that without the BCP either. This AF though I was back to having horrendous cramping, extremely fatigued, a headache everyday, and I had awful breast tenderness for about 12 days. I think all that stuff was worse this time partially b/c of the fact that I skipped AF last month. However, this is how my cycles were before plus skipping cycles and that's all the biggest reason I went on BCP. I had high hopes when I stopped it for TTC so I really hope the Fertilaid can help!

FertilAid did help me with my fatigue, headaches, and breast tenderness, though I'm not sure about the cramps because I started taking FertilCM the first day of AF and it messed me all up. (I got really sick and moody from it) so I don't know if it would have gotten rid of my cramps or not. I know I've seen posts from other girls who said it help with their cramps- so I would think it is very possible? FertilAid is like my new wonder drug- haha. I feel like it can fix anything. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->