What type of Birth did you have? (with your youngest)

Elective c-section, as my first was breech and I had to have an elective for him first.

I technically could have picked 2 of the poll options...I had a vaginal delivery with epidural but it was also assisted delivery (ventouse) as I pushed for about 45 mins, baby's heartrate was decelerating, she was getting tired so they didn't want me to be pushing for much longer with nothing happening.

I technically could have picked 2 of the poll options...I had a vaginal delivery with epidural but it was also assisted delivery (ventouse) as I pushed for about 45 mins, baby's heartrate was decelerating, she was getting tired so they didn't want me to be pushing for much longer with nothing happening.

thats an assisted vaginal delivery then :) x

Drug free vaginal birth after induction. 6 1/2 hours established labour (8 1/2 total after they started the drip) - 2 hours of not being allowed to push (excruciating when you feel the urge at 6cm dilated) and 2 1/2 hours of pushing.

I voted normal delivery with epidural but they also used forceps as baby was back to back and got stuck so they took me into theatre and gave me an epidural then used forceps to turn him and i pushed him out! :)

i had a vaginal delivery using only gas and air I cant remember the birth much because i was hgh as a kite lol apparently i asked for a latte in the middle of giving birth :haha: hope im that chilled out during the birth of this next baby haha

Induced vaginal delivery with ventouse using paracetamol, TENs and gas and air. They tried to do an epidural but it failed. Ended up with an episiotomy, second degree tear and a major post partum haemorrhage for which I required 4 blood transfusions.

Am I crazy that I can now look back and say it was not too bad and that I would do it again?

Vaginal delivery. Was HIGH on gas and air hahaha, I'm such a lightweight!!x

Vaginal delivery with forceps for my huge 10lb 7 baby. yeah, it hurt like hell and the recovery was awful, but i would do it all again LOL

Was induced due to waters breaking and nothing happened.
Had tab put in at 1pm. Monitored for half hour. Went for walk to cafe. Was in horenous pain. Took forever to walk back to ward. Nurse didnt believe me. Saw me during contraction and rushed me in wheelchair to delivery.got a room, got on bed. Given gas and air, and lo was born shortly after at 4pm. So normal delivery with a bit of gas and air.

I've had another one since this was first posted! I had a home birth with my 10lb 5oz baby. Attempted another water birth, but as baby was stuck, I actually delivered on the sofa. No pain relief except the pool and massage.

I've had another baby since this was originally posted! Answer is still the same though. Had two assisted vaginal deliveries - first with ventouse and second with forceps. Just gas and air for my first and just gas and air for my second, until the first attempt at forceps failed when I was taken to theatre and given a spinal as they thought I would need a C-Section but they got her out with forceps in the end.

Second time around I had a vaginal delivery - water birth with G&A

First time was assisted vaginal delivery - spinal due to possible e-csec but it just ended with forceps thankfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->