What was the most embarrassing part of your labour?

Lau88

Reaction score
Thankfully I was lucky enough to not of pooed during labour, however when the dr was stitching up my episiotomy I did fart in her face and gave an awkward apology. I can laugh about it now but at the time I was so embarrassed.

What did you ladies do that made you cringe?

Oh god, I made a total tit of myself when having Louie..

I rather proudly announced my waters had gone only for 2 midwives to confirm I'd actually wee'd myself and I got so over enthusiastic on the gas and air that I bit the end off and they refused to fix it for me :blush:

I don't actually remember being embarrassed at all, it really was true that all dignaty goes out the window lol. I had a 3rd degree tear, I was in theatre with my legs in styrups and I remember thinking thank god it's all women, then next min in comes the male doctor to stitch me up, I did have a moment of 'OMG' then I just thought oh we'll your never going to see him again. Lol. I prob did loads of embarrassing things I was just too out of it to remember lol

Haha aww. Labours so glamourous isn't it. There were a couple of times during pregnancy I thought I was leaking and turned out to be rouge wee lol.

I don't think either of my labours were embarrassing.
xx

I pooed..... A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My body didn;t have the clear out the midwives kept saying before hand that it would!!!!!! At the time though I really did not care but now I feel bad my husband had to see it.

I think mine was getting into the room and sitting on the toilet, telling the midwife I needed to poo. She looked and saw LOs head so told me to move into the bed, I refused and two midwives had to drag me off the toilet onto the floor, where I promptly pooed on her hand! I did warn them lol, 18 mins later Oliver was here :)

Apart from OH advising me I'd left a massive hairy patch on my bits :blush: I was embarrassed in triage cos I was pushing like a good 'un and broke my waters, I thought I was in the early stages, I came hobbling out of the loo, dripping wet and screaming, I'm pushing!

The mw's didn't have a clue at that point I was fully dilated so did make me feel I was acting a bit of a **** :blush:

All the way through I was shouting I'm going to pooooooooooooooooo. I wasn't even on drugs so have no excuse lol.

I was lucky - I did nothing embarrassing! lol

I asked to be cathetered though cause I said I was going to push her out if I pushed for a wee and the MW laughed at me and 'assured' me I couldn't just 'push her out' when trying for a wee. I waddled with my drip and monitor to the toilet and felt her head! I pushed back off and waddled back through to declare "I am TELLING you I'm going to push her out if I wee" so she catheterd me and said "next contraction push, her heads almost out!"

So LO could have been a toilet baby! :haha:

By the time I got to the embarrassing stage I was quite out of it, there was a moment in theatre when they were deciding whether to go forceps or section when about 20 people were looking at me push to see if the head was moving, including an abrupt and unpleasant surgeon. but at the time I couldn't have cared less. too much pain and exhaustion!

Funny thread! :haha: I didn't really do anything embarrassing, except being slightly rude to the trainee midwife who kept telling me over and over to breathe - my husband laughed outright when I told her to shut up loudly, cause I would never do that normally! :)

Heehee, love the stories! :haha:
Dignity definitely goes out the window. I wasn't embarrassed at all at the time but looking back I probably should have been! I remember they got me out of the pool to take me to the loo, I was stark naked, hobbled over to the toilet sat on it and yelled that I was going to give birth on the loo! They looked down and sure enough his head was right there, so I waddled like John Wayne as fast as I could back to the pool... The mental image of my waddle with my baby's head on its way out does make me chuckle :haha:

With my older son I didn't poo and remember tellin people that I'm sure I couldn't care less if I did, last thing on my mind. Well with Madden I had a working epidural so I wasn't in pain and I pooped about a million times. Let me tell you, yep it was humiliating! I kept pushing and then I'd smell something and say 'oh shit, did I poo again???' lol. They kept on telling me how great I was doing and I kept saying all I'm doing is pooping. Haha.

im so glad to hear other poo stories, i thought i was the only one! i was induced as i was a week over due, so my body didnt get a chance to clean itself out naturally, it did with my first, so when i was pushing i ended up pooing! i was still kinda numb from the epidural so i was pushing with all my might, when all of a sudden i smelled something. i knew what i had done, but coyldnt feel anything! the doc said "its ok, this is all organic!" and was great and discreat, taking it away after each push and wiping me clean. how humiliating! it was a male doc by the way! i was horrifyed by the smell, bur thank goodness she came out in a coyple pushes! i still get embarressed when i think about it!

For me, I think the most embarrassing thing was that my screams at 9cm were bringing all sorts of doctors in from the hall just to see what was going on. :nope: The other thing that got me was when my bladder unloaded as LO passed over it. It released right after my waters broke, so it went from one gushing feeling to another. Very embarrassing...

Hmm I remember screaming "BUGGER BUGGER BLOODY HELL OWWWWWW BUGGER" at the top of my lungs when I was being examined to see how far along I was. She did apologise and said it was more painful as she was trying to feel if it was baby's bottom or head and she was rummaging a lot. Turned out she was breech. It was 4am and there was a lady in the bay next to me quietly listening to her baby's heartbeat being monitored. I think I ruined the quiet time for her a bit with my screeching!

Oh, and also being shaved before the emcs was rather embarrassing (hadn't done it for weeks so it was a forest!).

I was in the birthing pool wearing a long nightie...then when LO turned around and got stuck in my pelvis i couldnt take the pain and screamed for a epidural - when they said i could have it i jumped out the pool and stripped naked - just as 3 MV came in to take me to the labour ward. thankfully my hubby was holding a towel so just held it up to cover most of me. - glad i was high at the time.

Og god and to add the poo story - when they finally got me to the labour ward i rang into the bathroom as needed to pooped - but MV thought baby was coming and kept trying to get me on the bed - was horrible actually having someone try to pull me of the toilet.

i dont really remmeber doing anything emabssing my waters had just gone and it was coming out for ages so when i could finally get back on the bed i needed a wee so my oh took me loo as i wouldent go on my own lol and he said u have a long bright mucusey thing hanging out of u and i made him get it off as i was having a contration lol... also when the midwife went to break my waters she had to check me first and she ended up poping them when checking me and she ended up soaked but thats about it really x

I was 27+4 when I had A and I told OH it was all his and Michael Jacksons fault(who had died a few days before, gutted) :rofl: also nearly started singing "moonpig.com" but something clicked before the words came out my mouth.:haha:

The fact I needed G&A for stitches but not labour with my second was a bit random :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->