What was the most embarrassing part of your labour?

i pooed too :-( and i didnt even care lol, i feel a bit embarrassed now but def not at the time lol. love this thread!!

i did all the labouring at home and when i got to the hospital i was fully dialated, i didnt have time to be embarassed about anything, i didnt poo or anything it was more shameful that i couldnt even hold my own head up while pushing and OH was supporting my head, i think i was a bit embarassed about how much mooing i did lol. x

The most embarrassing part for me is and I still have nightmares about it was the fact mil came, she refused to leave after I told her to go! Makes me so annoyed
Thinking about it I wish I called security on her lol

Funny, I was so worried that I was going to embarrass myself and I totally didn't. I didn't poop during labor, I didn't scream, I just whimpered a bunch. I kept having to get up while I was in labor to poop (must've pooped like 8 times!) so I was pretty sure there was nothing left to come out when I started pushing. The only crappy thing about my labor was that the last 2 hours of it the nurses were brushing me off because they didn't think it'd happen so soon and they send my OH home to take the dog out and come back and told my mom she could leave and come back in the morning once he got back and then they checked me and I was 9 cm dilated. I didn't even realize I was having true contractions because there was almost no pause in between the pain.

Love this!

I wee'd myself mid contraction and I didn't bring spare jammie bottom other then my husband's. He aldo went back and forth to the toilet because of the clear out :-/

I screamed I was pooing.... Only to be told I wasn't.... And I argued it for ages and was adiment I was!

Biting onto the gas and air pipe and refusing to let go and they had to pull it out my mouth xxx

My second labour was super fast and by the time I got to the hospital, contractions were less than a minute apart and very strong! During a couple of them, I kept passing gas but they were really loud and forceful due to the intensity of the contractions! :dohh: I remember crying out a bit and in between, apologizing to the nurses who assured me it was fine and these sounds meant that my body was working really hard at pushing baby down! haha I was super embarrassed at the time. :blush:

Not a labour moment, but after i had given birth and was put in a room with four other beds, during that night and the next day I had an immense amount of flatulance and kept farting really loud, it was terrible especially in the night as it was so quiet. I had no control over it due to the spinal block i had to stich up my third dgree tear, - I honestly was afraid to move cos everytime i did i farted!! xxx

probably screaming (and I mean literally screaamming high-pitched) at the last minute when they took away my gas and air and wheeled me to theatre.

The shock of suddenly being near fully-dilated and having my pain relief gone was too much! The nurses and midwives had to tell me to calm down and stop shouting.

As for going to the toilet during labour... I didn't think I had at the time. But I went on about how much I didn't want it to happen to my OH during pregnany, and he never, ever said to me 'Well all that worrying and you didn't in the end!'

So I'm wondering if maybe i did? Or maybe he was just too caught up in the drama he forgot about my worries anyway. I really don't believe a lot of women who say they didn't, because chances are they did and didn't notice. xx

I was congratulated by the staff for not pooing and oh would of had a laugh bout it so I know I was one of the few non poppers x

I was congratulated by the staff for not pooing and oh would of had a laugh bout it so I know I was one of the few non poppers x

Haha they congratulated you? :haha: Well, I guess that just shows how really common it is to poo.. I guess it's just part of labour for 99% of people.. it's just on lots of forums about it nearly half of the women are like 'noo i didn't!' when I bet a lot of those really did, just didn't realise it. xx

Yep congratulated on not pooing, they didn't even congratulate me on my daughter just the lack of pooing lol.

I handled labor very well. My body knew what to do and I was able to breathe through the worst contractions. I didn't poo or scream :) I guess I was a little embarrassed when my FATHER IN LAW was placing my epidural. I didn't want him to see my butt! and when my dh announced to everyone he wanted to watch the catheter be placed because he had just learned how to in nursing school. And when he was yelling to his mom to remember his del scorcho sauce for the burrito she was buying him.

I handled labor very well. My body knew what to do and I was able to breathe through the worst contractions. I didn't poo or scream :) I guess I was a little embarrassed when my FATHER IN LAW was placing my epidural. I didn't want him to see my butt! and when my dh announced to everyone he wanted to watch the catheter be placed because he had just learned how to in nursing school. And when he was yelling to his mom to remember his del scorcho sauce for the burrito she was buying him.

Love it!!!! a real family occasion and the sauce as well :)

I think I may have used the phrase here comes the shit just before I pooped. It was just me and my husband in the room so had to send him out to get a midwife to help clean me up. So there is me on all fours leaning over the end of the bed arse in the air and a poop nuget on the bed. Can do with out that memory. My husband congratulated me on the smallness of the poop saying he expected loads.

Also when he was crowning I shouted he is splitting me in two.

I felt embarrassed after they broke my waters, I thought once they go, thats it. nope mine kept leaking constantly...dripping, like as if I was weeing myself!. My hubby saw me like this and had to take me to the loo of all things, I had to pee even though I was constantly leaking!. The gas and air made me a bit drunk at first too.

I wasn't embarrassed, but I was aggrivated by having a drip in my arm, anti embolism socks on, and constant external monitoring.. agghh it was so annoying!
I still had an active labour tho, the equipment just had to follow me around the room :haha:!

I wasn't embarrassed, but I was aggrivated by having a drip in my arm, anti embolism socks on, and constant external monitoring.. agghh it was so annoying!
I still had an active labour tho, the equipment just had to follow me around the room :haha:!

You were lucky!. They didnt let me :cry: I was on the wireless monitor for a while so I could sit on the ball, as I couldnt stand being on a bed, was mega painful being on a bed. so they encouraged me to have an epi so they could monitor me better and crank up the pitocin, ended up having a section, go figure, if only they listened to me and let nature take its course a little longer after pessary...
I was so annoyed that they made me feel powerless in the delivery room and its bloody hurt having the cannula put in my hand when I was contracting!. stupid drs!!!!. In the end i was glad of the section as I knew the end was in sight and I could just lie there and wait for the cry!

I haven't had my LO yet, but i love reading all your stories makes me aware of all the possibilities lol :) :flow: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->