What was your first job?

KayBea

Mummy to Xanthia Lily
Reaction score
Seeing as theres a few threads floating around 'what was your first...'?

Thought i would join in & make one :haha:
So what was your first job & how old were you?

I was a chip boy (even though im a girl - having a chip girl back then was seen as wrong as you were lifting 25kg bags of spuds.) in a chip shop at 14 & worked there for 6 years working my way up to be a fryer & 3rd man (even though im a girl)

:haha:

My first ever job was a paper round when I was 13.

My first full time job was as a trainee orthodontic nurse when I was 16. My pay for f/t hours was less than the rent my then boyfriend and I shared. Luckily he had a higher paid job than me! :shock:

When I was 16 I worked as a ward hostess at Bupa, I would set the breakfast/lunch/dinner trays up, take the B/L/D orders & take the meals round x I loved that job, but had to leave as it was just a weekend job doing 6 hrs & i needed a full time job x

My first job was in a local bakery when i was 15.
I mainly enjoyed the free belgian buns id get rather than the money.

I was 14 and worked as a waitress on a Saturday. £9.30 for slogging my guts out 8-6!!!

Loved it though as we got a free dinner, salad and chips with salad cream every week and then we got to take home all the sandwiches and cakes left over at tge end if the day!
I'm one of 5 so my mums was always full of my greedy family waiting my arrival!!
Had alot of power in those days!!

My first job was whei was fourteen i worked in a chippy. Xx

My first job was when I was 16 and I cleaned holiday chalets at the weekend. The very first day after two hours of work I fainted and got really sick and had to go hospital (I was fine after lol) so from then on I had it ripped out of me by everyone that I was allergic to work :dohh:

I was 16 and worked in Woolies! I was there for 3 years whilst in college. It was great! We used to sneak upstairs in to the stock room and eat the pick n mix as it was the only thing that wasn't stock checked!

I was 16 and worked in a sports shop.... I hate sports.

Research assistance at the EMBA department when I was studying in the university. I was 19.

I was 16 and got myself a job as a junior office administrator for an electrical wiring company

I worked in a pizza parlour when I was 15. Now if I even look at a pizza I put on a stone but then I ate them every shift and stayed skinny *sigh*

I worked in the Stationery Department at WH Smith when I was 15. It was such an easy job compared to my friends who worked in McDonalds or Tesco.

I still get an urge to tidy up the cards when I'm in Smiths though!

When I was 14 I had a job making tea and coffee and sorting out old paperwork etc at timeshare company used to get £6 an hour I think thats probably the best paid job I ever had lmao x

I worked as a childrens tutor for 2 years, teaching maths and english. Loved it, just wish I hadn't left as its impossible to go back to now!

I was 16 and worked in Woolies! I was there for 3 years whilst in college. It was great! We used to sneak upstairs in to the stock room and eat the pick n mix as it was the only thing that wasn't stock checked!

I used to always steal the pick n mix that was on the floor!! I seriously justified it was ok to do so because it was on the floor!!

My sister and I shared a paper round when I was about 14 but the pay was so bad it hardly counts.

My first 'proper' weekend job was as a chambermaid at a local hotel when I was 15 (going on 16!). I worked there for 18 months - started on £2.50 an hour which went up to £3.00 after a year. It was hard physical work but I actually quite enjoyed it.

When i was 17 i started on tills at morrisons, still there now but in cash office these days!

I was a paper girl from 11 until I was 15.

I left school at 16 and secured a modern apprenticeship with the police working in the speeding department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->