What was your First period after baby like?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Jojono2, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Jojono2

Jojono2 Well-Known Member

My little girl is 9 weeks old, bottle fed from birth. I have yet to have a proper period? I've had the lightest spotting for the last few days only noticeable when I wipe, varies from brown to pinkish but never a flow (sorry if TMI) anyone else had this? X

2. Willow01

Willow01 Well-Known Member

I had mine after 8 weeks and it was a proper period, a bit heavier than my normal periods and lasted 2 weeks.

3. Jojono2

That seems to be the norm, heavier than usual but mine doesn't even have a flow. I get hot and sweaty at night which I usually do before AF starts and one day got period pains to the point where I was convinced I'd come on but nothing???

4. Janers

Janers Well-Known Member

This has been on my mind alot lately. I still have not had my period, which I am SO happy about, but I'm a little nervous about what will happen when the time comes.

5. Duejan2012

Duejan2012 mommy of dd, ds, & preggo

Mine afficially started yesterday exactly 7 weeks pp. A few days before i started spotting very little and thought maybe it would start soon. Yup it sure did. And its very heavy. I bled on my sheets last night (tmi) i hope it doesnt last like this too long im due to go back to work on the 9th and cant really go to the bathroom soo often.

6. Solitaire

Solitaire Well-Known Member

I finished expressing on Wednesday and my period has arrived today.
    I had stomach cramps yesterday and today.
    The pain isn't any worse then it was before pregnancy.
    I'll see if that changes tomorrow tho .

7. TeddyBearPug

TeddyBearPug Well-Known Member

Mine started when LO was 8 1/2 weeks and lasted almost 10 days. Before that I spotted like you are describing for weeks. My period was more crampy and heavier than normal. It sounds like yours is coming!

8. tubs

tubs Well-Known Member

Mine was very light.

9. WANBMUM

WANBMUM I am a mama

ATROCIOUSLY HEAVY. so bad I couodnt be too far away from the loo. and the pain!!! my second was was ok. not so bad.

10. Jojono2

Mmm, it's been so nice not having one! But I am sooo done with the night sweats they are so uncomfortable :( I do also have PCOS so I suppose that could be adding to the absent period! I have never ever spotted before though!?

11. pebbie1

pebbie1 Mum to Marielle & Markus

Breastfeeding this time and after 4.5 months still no period. Long may it last!
    With my daughter who was bottle fed I got my period after about 8 weeks and it was a bit heavier than normal, but only my first period. Back to normal after that x