What will your baby's grandparents be called?

My hubbys parents will be called Nonna and Nonno as theyre Italian
and my mum will be Grandma and my step dad will be Grandad (my Dad, sadly, is no longer with us - but he will be known as angel Grandad)

my parents will be called Nana and Granda and OH parents will be Nonna and Nonno as they are italian

My parents are Gran *Last Name* and Granda. Dh's mum and step dad are Gran *last name* and Grandpa *first name* and his dad and step mum are Grandpa *first name* and *first name* (she only married my fil about 10 years ago so not a part of dh's life growing up and she wasn't comfortable with Gran or Auntie which is fair enough).

The mixture of first and last names have come from my ds saying them.

On the Gigi debate, my Gran is Gee-Gee to ds and I love it. She chose it to stand for Great-Gran which she thought would be too much of a mouthful for ds to say. He ended up saying Gee-Gee early on. She also chose it as she went on holiday many, many years ago and met a group of other ladies away by themselves who had all just become grandmothers - they called themselves the Gorgeous Grannies - Gee-Gees!

x

Grandma and Grandad on my side and Nanny and Grandad on OH's side :)

We're Asian so my mum will be nani/ nanu and dad (now looking down on us but never forgotten) will be nana. His mum is dadi and his dad will be dada. Kinda makes it easy when it's pre-defined like that! We even have different names for uncles and aunties on mum's side v uncles and aunties on dad's side so our siblings will be easily identified too.

We're Asian so my mum will be nani/ nanu and dad (now looking down on us but never forgotten) will be nana. His mum is dadi and his dad will be dada. Kinda makes it easy when it's pre-defined like that! We even have different names for uncles and aunties on mum's side v uncles and aunties on dad's side so our siblings will be easily identified too.

I never knew this and it does sound like it would make it much easier!

my parents will be grandma and granddad but OH's parents will be nana and grandad. I hate nana/nanny to me that is someone you pay to look after your children not a cuddly, loving member of the family but thats just my opinion

I know my mom is called "GG" (Grandma Gail) by my nephew. I don't know what he calls my dad, but probably the same.

I have no idea what my OH's parents want to be called as they have no grandchildren.

We just always did Grandma/Grandpa [firstname]

GG or GiGi has always been great grandma in my family. I am struggling with what to call the grandparents because god willing, our daughter will have 3 sets of grandparents and 3 sets of great grandparents!

My mum can't decide at all what she wants to be called. It started a joke that we would always say to our baby that we would be going to see grandad and grandads wife!

She has now decided that she like naana (pronounced like the end of banana - without the ba) x x

my parents will be grandma and granddad but OH's parents will be nana and grandad. I hate nana/nanny to me that is someone you pay to look after your children not a cuddly, loving member of the family but thats just my opinion

This view on the name "nanny" is the exact opinion of my mum - she hates it! Luckily, MIL hates the name "granny" as it sounds old so has opted for "nanny"..... I don't know what my mum wants to be called but, after a serious lack of enthusiasm on my father's part, I told him that he shall be "pops", like he called his grandfather. He doesn't suit "grandad" and, as we only lost his father(my grandad) in February, it's a sore subject for a name anyway - I wouldn't feel right using it.

As for 'FIL'....well....there's just no point going there! I've known DH for nearly 10years, been together for 9 and, in that time, 'FIL' has only called DH twice and visited once... DH couldn't care less about his 'waste-of-space' father as, although he was only about 3 when he left(now29), he remembers clearly the beatings 'FIL' gave MIL... Thank god he's the other side of the world in Japan!!

well i called my moms parents nanny and grandad (nan now as im older, tho my 3 year old cousin call grandad< nandad lol) and my dads parents grandad and nanny butter (her name was Marj lol ) i call my mom, mom and my dad, dad or papio.

my partner called both of his nan and grandad. and he calls his parents mom and pops.

partners parents are already nanny and grandad to our newphew so they will be the same, and think my mom wants nana and my dad hasnt really said but grandad will be ok i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->