What would you all do?

mummytasha18

Reaction score
My partner is constantly on at me to do CC or CIO and i just cant do it we have tried once and i just broke i hated hear my lb cry. he is atm waking once at night which i personally dont think is to bad. but he is constantly on at me to do it! i just cant its getting me down so much.

Just keep putting your foot down about it. It's foolish of him to whine about it when you're the one getting up with the LO.

Just tell him if you're willing to soothe him when he cries, then he doesn't need to worry about it. Mine wants to do CIO too, but I put my foot down on that one. They're only babies for such a short time, so I say give them all the cuddles, snuggles and soothing they can handle now, and save the discipline for when they're older, and they've had a chance to build up their confidence and become nice and secure. I say CIO is something that can work in some cases, but it's something that both parents need to see eye to eye on. If one parent doesn't agree with it, it just shouldn't be done.

I agree don't do it if you don't feel comfortable, why is he so bothered anyway? Not like he's the one getting up in the night. Strange.

I don't think it's unreasonable of him because of the broken sleep, but I agree it's a joint decision.

Show him evidence. And once a night some would love . He has it good.

Don't do it if you're not comfortable. I tried cio at 12m bc ds1 wasn't letting me get enough sleep to take care of ds2(co sleeping). surprisingly ds1 was only keeping me up bc he was ready to have his own bed and it was more of a couple minute fuss rather than cio. Long story short your lo will let you know when their ready :) and once a night is normal for 10m with ds1

wow only getting up once a night at 10 months is awsome so whats he moaning at. My eldest at 10 months was still getting up 4/5 times a night! x

My lg has slept through since 4 months. Woke up once previous to that apart from very newborn. Shes now 9 months and had a bout of illness about a month ago so had to do CC after as she got used to being fed at night in the hospital etc. I have to say it was much easier than i thought and only took 2 nights. Its not like your leaving them forever. Only a few mins at a time. Maybe worth a try? obv if you really have issues with it then its your decision not to do it x

I have an almost 3 year old who still usually wakes at least once a night. That is not bad for 10 months!

Like everyone else has said, once a night is wonderful! Loads of us have babies the same age and are dreaming of one wake up a night.

If I were you, I'd tell him you're not going to do it and can't compromise on this. There will be plenty of other things you disagree on and can compromise but not this one. If it breaks your heart - don't do it. You'll only end up resenting him and feeling guilty. Put your foot down, I can't even understand what he's complaining about :nope:

is your lo hard to get back to sleep after the one wake up through out the night? Or hard to get down in the first place? Cio sounds a bit harsh for a baby that only wakes once a night to me.

I am having a really hard time getting why he would be so adament to do CC or CIO when a baby is only waking once? That's crazy! usually if you are going to use one of those methods, its because your baby is waking repeatedly, so you are trying to establish a better sleep pattern so your baby and self get better rest. But only waking once? I can't imagine how that could be affecting anyone's sleep that badly. I used CC with my baby to establish a better sleep routine, and I still soemtimes get up with him once a night. Just because you use one of those 2 methods doesn't mean they won't still wake and need you. He really needs to do some reading up on it himself I think, rather than just looking for an easy answer. And he needs to realize how good he has it. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->