What would you do with £50,000

MiniKiwi

Reaction score
Just for fun!

Say you won/were given £50k, what would you do with it? Would you pay off debts? Go on a shopping spree? Put it in the bank..invest it? Holidays?

Save most of it. Go have a wee shopping spree. I'd be pretty cool about it tbh!

Save some, invest some, blow some :) definitely holidays to visit friends and family in New York/New Zealand... would be nice!

I'd have to be sensible and put it towards a deposit for a second house.

Not being sensible - holidays....car.....decorate the house

We would split it between a few things:

£5k to our church
£5k to an account for holidays
£5k to an account for general house repairs
Maybe by a new (not brand new) car
The rest into an account so we could overpay our mortgage each month.

How I'd love £50k! I'd have a couple of treats and then save most for a bigger house!

Pay off my debts, holiday, learn to drive, buy a car and save any left over

I would use it for a deposit so we could get a mortgage! I hate renting, not having the stability I want and having to do yearly contracts! Charlie is autistic and hates change! We just moved again in April and if the landlord wants there house back next year we will have to go again!
Its so disruptive!

Pay off debts and save the rest, probably treat ourselves to our long awaited honeymoon!

A family holiday
new car
Pay all debts off
rest in saving

Oh I think about this all the time, it would be so amazing to get that amount of money, right now I'd be happy with 500 :haha:

I would pay off a few debts, give money to my parents, siblings and my aunt and oh's parents as they are always helping us out. Then I would take everyone out for a slap up meal and a few drinks. That would come to about 7k.

Then I would do my garden up as I absolutely hate it and do other bits rouns the house that needs doing like new blinds, new kitchen, so another 5k.

Then I would save the rest so I wouldn't have to worry about money for a while, might even be able to do 4 days a week for a few months as I would have the money to pay the mortgage each month.

Oh and I would also buy myself new clothes as I badly need new clobber, so a shopping spree would be in order for myself and oh and maybe I would make a night out of it so that would be another 2k.

Oh I am way to excited thinking about this, its official I am sad!!!!!!!!

x

Pay off debts first, then either pay on the mortgage so we can have equity when it comes to sell, or save it for our dream house. Maybe travel a small bit as well, but not but a few 1,000s.

Also, I'd finish all the reno projects we have going in the house - the painting, the floors, etc.

I would pay off our loan and credit card, spend 5k on the house and use the rest as a deposit on a second house to rent out.
Xx

Pay off some student loan debt. It would make a huge difference in how much money we have each month if I could just get rid of thatr debt!

First I'd pay off debts (about £20k)
next I'd get a tummy tuck (about £6k)
and I'm not sure what I'd do with the rest. Maybe put it towards an attic conversion or something. We live in a 3 bedroomed house (2 doubles, 1 single) and there are 6 of us, so it's a bit cramped.

When I can't get to sleep I think about how I'd spend my lottery winnings.......

I'd pay off my car, put money in the DC's bank accounts and out the rest towards the mortgage. And maybe sneak in a nice family holiday as well

Give my mum the most amazing last few months of her life ever.

Pay off debts
Nice holiday
By my 1st car, get the boyf lesson and a car
Some into sprogs bank

The rest just sit on it i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member