• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What would you think if you met a little girl named....

I'm not normally one to support 'wierd and wonderful' names, but compared to some that seem to be getting used these days, it's not that 'out there'.

when 'Clover' is a mature woman, her peers will be called MyKenzee and Meadow and Frogspawn and all sorts of nonsense, so she won't be any more unusual than a Sarah or a Clare (who might actually be extinct by then, come to think of it...)

I think it is good to consider the long term effects, but really, Clover is not that whacky if you ask me.

(ps I made Frogspawn up... at least I hope I did...)

lol, That was a funny post!!

Not really. :growlmad:

Clover is a cute name, but the assosiation with the margarine not so good. But i like it how it makes me think of a four leaf clover, which is obviously very lucky!!!

I'm not normally one to support 'wierd and wonderful' names, but compared to some that seem to be getting used these days, it's not that 'out there'.

when 'Clover' is a mature woman, her peers will be called MyKenzee and Meadow and Frogspawn and all sorts of nonsense, so she won't be any more unusual than a Sarah or a Clare (who might actually be extinct by then, come to think of it...)

I think it is good to consider the long term effects, but really, Clover is not that whacky if you ask me.

(ps I made Frogspawn up... at least I hope I did...)

lol, That was a funny post!!

Not really. :growlmad:

I wrote that before i read the rest of the forum. sorry. I tried to delete it but you got there first

whoa steady on guys Jeez... If you are going to bother posting on forums with such a wide range of people you are going to get some people who think along the same lines as you and some people that don't. I meant absolutely no offense whatsoever but if people like you are going to deliberately make a mountain out of a molehill I will keep my opinions to myself in future, which sounds like it would suit everyone.

Just for the record I am not 'ignorant and mean-spirited' and I did not deliberately pick 'meadow' to victimize an individual because I saw it in their signature, it was just an example...

See ya...

Theres a whole range of people on this forum with different opinions on everything but nobody on here ever takes the piss out of someone elses child.

You may not like it but you need to keep that sort of thing to yourself in future. Its not just an example its my daughters name, its not a name you would have heard anywhere else so to take the piss out of it on here is beyond rude.

I think you are being way too sensitive. Lucilou did not deliberately see the name Meadow and put it in her post to take make fun of the name you chose for your daughter. She wasn't even thinking about your daughter, but some names sprung to mind when she wrote the post.

Everyone has different opinions. She was not being nasty and actually think you have been nasty about her, because you have decided she deliberately was trying to be nasty which is not true. She probably hasn't even seen you on the forum before.

Yet you still felt the need to post that? Whats the point?

Sorry Sparkwillfly. I wrote all these before I had read the whole entire forum!!!!!! I hadn't realised it had became quite the debate. It just kind of annoyed me because I felt that this person had been treated as though she was a vindictive person and I truely think she wasn't aware of you and your daughter when she wrote that. But really its none of my business. I don't know why I got involved. But yeah just ignore my last message, (i would delete that too but you have copied it), because I don't think its worth you getting stressed about this. x

I think Clover is quite cute!

I've heard lots of unusual names, Storm, Laef, Sapphire, Lovelie, Euphora, Aphrodite, Lyman, Breecia, Ocean.. etc in my years working with kids so far, and I think they're nice. They usually have special meaning behind it or reflect the family's personality.. name your child what you want!!

Sorry Sparkwillfly. I wrote all these before I had read the whole entire forum!!!!!! I hadn't realised it had became quite the debate. It just kind of annoyed me because I felt that this person had been treated as though she was a vindictive person and I truely think she wasn't aware of you and your daughter when she wrote that. But really its none of my business. I don't know why I got involved. But yeah just ignore my last message, (i would delete that too but you have copied it), because I don't think its worth you getting stressed about this. x

Ok thank you. Still a sore point with me obviously.

Not for me really, I think of the butter to. It doesn't really strike me as a name. It isn't far out or weird it just doesn't sound right out loud.

I like clover :thumbup: and for the record i love the name meadow too but OH is less keen, as it makes him think of a character in a tv show he watched or summat? :shrug: Anyhow, it made it on to our original list but i gave in and took it off the shortened short list. Still love it though :winkwink:

I think its not so much meeting a little girl called Clover, but meeting an adult woman called Clover. We are giving them names for life not just childhood.

Yes, I know. I actually say this quite often to people who want to name their kids Ellie or Addie or Allie or Maddie.....so I agree. I doubt I would ever actually name a future daughter Clover, but I just think it's adorable and wanted some others opinions! :winkwink:

hey! whats up with ellie??? i'm very much an adult and thats my complete name!!!!! :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"