What you enjoy about your pregnancy

Rel

Reaction score
Hello, I am pregnant with my 3rd child and she wasn't planned, so I didn't expect to be here again and I now want to enjoy what's left of my pregnancy as much as possible.
I was wondering what are the parts of being pregnant that you most enjoy and you will miss when your babies are here. I know there is a lot of bad stuff, but I'd like to concentrate more on the good side of pregnancy!

For me, there is the obvious baby kicks which I didn't think I would get to feel again, but this time round, I've been off work for most of mypregnancy and that actually allowed meto be able to enjoy taking my kids to school and going for them.
Also, I get to enjoy a bit of quiet time in the morning when they are both at school (my daughter has just turned 3 and she only goes in the morning).

What are your good sides tobeing pregnant?

Just the movements/kicks really. I guess I do enjoy seeing my tummy grow since I know my baby boy is in there. And I guess I never feel alone either. LOL He moves so much that its a constant reminder he's in there. I love playing music for him, and seeing what gets him going (so far it looks like the Bee Gees: Stayin' Alive is a good one!).

I do not enjoy the weight gain, heartburn, fatigue, round ligament pain, ginormous bbs, swelling, feeling like I'm going to pop after eating, and just overall feeling heavy. :winkwink: Its not that bad, but I've definitely felt better! Maybe it'd be different if I was taller than 5'2". LOL

Only the kicks I guess, although compared to once they're born, the sense of control you have. They are all yours when you are pregnant. It's a special feeling that this little life is growing inside you, and no matter how much you want your oh to have a share, he will never know how it feels.

^^That's very true. DH finally started to get really excited once he was able to feel our LO bopping around in my tummy. But I can see how for men its not as real as it is for us. Every waking moment of our lives while pregnant (at least for me lol) seems to revolve around the baby.

Yes, that is a good one!

I love seeing my hubby get excited talking about baby stuff.

Obviously movements, though I've not had anything really big yet

Also hearing my parents etc talk about how much they're looking forward to the baby and what they plan to do when they're here. Lovely thread!

I love my bump & the movements, thats about it though..
Cant say i love the back ache, heart burn and the inability to get comfy EVER!!

Yes, I know there are alot of things that one could do without during pregnancy, but I also know that after my daughter, I was really wanting to be pregnant again just because I knew that it wasn't going to happen... I got my wish, I suppose and I think that I'll be missing it again when my baby is in my arms... I must be mad!!!

My DH sees me struggling sometimes with the "bad" side effects of pregnancy, and he just tells me that he hopes I'm enjoying the whole experience a little bit at least. Poor guy, I must really look like I'm struggling at times. :( He said that since we'll probably only do this 2x (maaaaaybe 3x, but probably just 2x) that he hopes I find enjoyment since its something that won't happen much. I thought it was sweet, and very true.

I take it this is your first, but after you've had the baby, you forget very quickly how difficult it has been, there are other things that keep your mind busy (like the baby!!!) and you look back and notice what you haven't got anymore. Pregnancy would probably be unbearable if it was forever, but one can actually enjoy it because it is for such a small amount of time and it is special, I think.

I'm guilty of always looking at the negative (so hard not to when tired and uncomfy lol!) but after having my dd I really couldn't wait to be pregnant again lol, hence why I will have 2 under 2 soon haha! The thing I had missed the most was the kicks and movements, I love it when you can see your tummy move too! With my dd I could actually see her bum sticking out, df said it looked like a scene from Alien!! But I can't wait to see if ds does anything similar.
I also love the way people are generally nice to you (not all people and yes some days everyone just irritates me anyway!) but most days people tell me I look lovely and would I like a drink or anything to eat, and do I need help with anything lol! Have to say this has all started happening much more recently as my bump has gotten bigger and I'm very obviously pregnant now, but I do like being treated like I'm special lol!

I love love love my bump. It's strange... My self confidence is through the roof haha. I love feeling/watching him move and the look on my husbands face when he can feel him too. My nails have also never been better :)

My nails have also never been better :)

Ohhhh yes, I beautiful, long shiny nails, instead of peeling little nubs I had before. Although I have given up nail polish........

Oh yes Rel. I do find a lot of enjoyment, but I guess my DH is either sensitive to my discomfort or maybe is watching my movements and how they've changed (like sitting up from laying down, or getting out of breath). I think he worries. I got really lucky that I didn't get morning sickness (just a little queasy from time to time for like 2 weeks lol).

And I do have a new development that I didn't know was going on. I now have internal hemorrhoids flaring up. :dohh: My doc submitted my prescription for a suppository :shock: earlier today. So I get to go pick that up soon. I was wondering what that uncomfortable feeling was. LOL Ugh....

Yes, I know pregnancy has a lot of "very enjoyable" side effects... not!:wacko:
I hope it gets better for you.
As formy nails, I am always guilty of letting them grow too long so when I get to a certain length, one breaks so as it is very short! It's my fault, but I just feel I have more urgent things to do but cut my nails...:blush:
Hair is supposed to be better as well during pregnancy

I love having a bump lol. And shopping for clothes, items for the nursery, and little blankets and things is so much fun :)

I love my bump, and feeling her kick! At night I lay on the couch when DH is in bed (he gets up super early) and it's just "our time" I watch her squirm around in my belly and I laugh about it. I love having her with me all the time!

This is going to sound odd...even one of my best friends says I'm weird, but I can't seem to get used to the movements. It just feels so weird and alien to me. It IS comforting to know she is alive and moving around but...It throws me every time. However, I think once the movements can be felt from the outside and my bf will finally be able to feel it too, I will love it more.

I'm not loving my bump strictly just because I FEEL huge and it doesn't feel good. And I think it looks a bit funny. I do love my boobs though :haha:

I'm enjoying my bf's interest and involvement. Nothing makes me happier or more excited than when he suggests things baby related and tells me his ideas and shows real interest and happiness about becoming a dad.

I'm also loving family and friends excitement and all the attention.

And I'm so excited to buy baby things and work on the nursery and thinking of baby names.

I also love getting my hands on my cravings. Mmm food never tasted so good before!

I love my bump, and feeling her kick! At night I lay on the couch when DH is in bed (he gets up super early) and it's just "our time" I watch her squirm around in my belly and I laugh about it. I love having her with me all the time!

I do that too!

I love being the only one who can grow and support my baby. I also love the kicks and rolls and how he/she responds to my voice. I love relaxing the diet at bit and planning for the baby's arrival is such an exciting time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->