Whats for Dinner tonight?

Something with chicken ... I've got some chicken fillets out so possibly topped with bacon and cheese and served with chips or new pots and veg x

HM Tuna burgers with wasabi mayo, pickled ginger and home made fries and salad. Mmmmm. Probably will make banana butterscotch cupcakes with the L later, for dessert.

Dh is out of town so it's just me and DS and I really don't feel like cooking for just us, so prolly take out even tho we have had way too much of that lately.

HM Tuna burgers with wasabi mayo, pickled ginger and home made fries and salad. Mmmmm. Probably will make banana butterscotch cupcakes with the L later, for dessert.

omg...recipe for the burgers? (mayo included...i usually hate mayo but with the word wasabi in front of it i'm tempted)

Spaghetti a la genovese for me tonight because Ivy is still ill and I need to make something simple. Sounds fancy but it is just spaghetti, sliced new potatoes, green beans and pesto!

1 tsp wasabi powder
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp water
1/2*tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2*tsp coarse salt
1 tbsp peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
1 tbsp peeled and finely chopped garlic
1 ½ tbsp groundnut oil, plus more for cooking
450g highest-quality tuna, cut into 2.5cm pieces...I use steaks. GP apparently fishes for the things herself...
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
4 wholemeal hamburger buns
Handful fresh rocket
For the soy & sesame mayonnaise:
125ml mayonnaise
2 tsp soy sauce...but I use wasabi!
2 tsp toasted sesame oil

Method
1. Combine the wasabi, mustard and water in a small bowl. Scrape it into a food processor along with the pepper, salt, ginger, garlic and groundnut oil. Pulse it all together to make a flavourful paste. Add the tuna and pulse just to combine – be careful not to over-process the tuna as you want your burgers to have texture.
2. Form the mixture into four burgers and set in the refrigerator for at least an hour (up to overnight) to let the flavours really settle in.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a frying pan. Add the shallots and sauté for about 10 minutes, until they get soft and sweet and a little brown. Reserve.
4. Preheat your barbecue or griddle pan over high heat. Rub the tuna burgers with a little groundnut oil and grill for two or three minutes a side, until they are cooked to your preference. Grill the buns alongside the burgers.
5. Whisk all the ingredients for the soy (Or my wasabi) & sesame mayo together and spread over the buns. Pile on the sautéed shallots and a bit of rocket.

I also add pickled ginger on top!

It's another...dare I say it...Paltrow! Makes enough for four...

Wow, tuna burgers sound amazing!! I must try them - the only dish I ever do with tuna steak is salad nicoisse.

Tonight we're having turkey schnitzel, new potataos, cheery tomatos & rocket salad with balsamic sauce :)

Teriyaki chicken with noodles,beansprouts,chillies,onions and garlic. Yum yum! Cannot wait for this later.

Change of plan with the chicken I'm going to make some sweet n sour and curry and freeze it. We are having ASDA's make your own pizza with chicken, ham, bacon and mozzerella. I will then probably do some wedges I think x

Tonight we are having. Pork chops with new potatoes and veg. xxx

I have just re-read the recipe posted...I copied and pasted...the patronising comments in how to food process are GPs NOT mine!!!! :haha:

Chicken with stuffing joint, mash, carrot and swede mash, brocolli, yorkshires, gravy and copious amounts of mint sauce!!!

I'm having a sneaky takeaway! I'm not sure if I want Indian or Chinese.

Making some pasta with philadelphia cheese, sausages, peppers, onions

I have just re-read the recipe posted...I copied and pasted...the patronising comments in how to food process are GPs NOT mine!!!! :haha:

Hahahahahah she is such a knob, but damn it she knows how to cook!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->