Whats for Dinner tonight?

I think I am going to make myself some spaghetti with home made tomato sauce .

well we have got rid of lo for the night in nannys so we are going our for a curry :)

going to a BBQ so I'm expecting hamburgers, hot dogs, or chicken, something along those lines

I'll never get used to it that Americans have hamburgers and hot dogs for a barbecue :rofl:

Tomato soup (going to add some mixed veg to it) and grilled cheese sandwiches x

Why, what do you guys consider a barbecue? Or what do you call it instead?

We also have barbecued pork, barbecued chicken, etc. but we call it going to a barbecue if people are grilling hot dogs, burgers, etc.

We also have barbecued pork, barbecued chicken, etc. but we call it going to a barbecue if people are grilling hot dogs, burgers, etc.

Sausages, burgers, chicken etc is the norm in the UK too :shrug:

you can bbq whatever you want here. We do meat, kebabs, fish, jacket potatoes, skewered veggies etc but the bog standard bbq is usually burgers, sausages, and chicken wings or legs.

Maybe different parts of the UK call it different things?

I love learning stuff here all the time!

Mmmm I love skewered veggies. Usually I do zucchini, squash, and onion.

I am in Germany and we don't have burgers on a grill or hot dogs .. Our hot dogs consist of boiled sausage in a bun with fried onions, gherkins, remoulade and tomato sauce and mustard ^^ but we never have them when we do a barbecue ^^ just slabs of meat , steak ,ribs, chops,(of chicken, beef or pork, turkey ) and sausages. Shrimps and mushrooms and veg, are often on the grill too . and lots of different salads and sauces as side dishes ^^ and baguette /or pita bread :D

Ooops I think I assumed at first you were in the UK, should have read your location!

Especially the wurst ^^ We have lots of different wurst to put on a grill ^^
Also like pineapple slices on the grill^^

Yum! We have a German restaurant that we love to go to. It's amazing!! My dad always gets the wurst and I get weiner schnitzel and hubby also likes the weiner schnitzel and a giant beer.

Oh and when my dad was in the army, he was stationed in Germany! I don't remember which city though...

Probably somewhere in the south. (kaiserslautern or ramstein karlsruhe the area) . we don't have schnotzels on the grill though. but any other shape of meat .

this here is a representative picture ^^ although this is on a free standing grill you find those a lot in public places.
https://www.bcmurten.ch/photos/original/saison_02_03/grillabend_02_05.jpg

and
https://www.schwedenkontakt.de/images/aeppletraed/ae_grillabend03gross.jpg[/URL]
although I hardly ever have such a big slab of meat on it xD

Home made curry, with rice and all the extras. Pig out night tonight :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->