Whats more accurate?

StarAngel

Reaction score
So this morning I had an appointment with my doctor, all is great and LO is thriving😊 I was a bit shocked to see what my weight was, I am out by 3lbs. Which are more accurate manual scales in a doctors office or digital scales?

I always go off my docs digital scale has the most consistency then other scales I step on

Honestly, it just depends on how good of a scale it is and if it's properly calibrated and each can be incorrect. Though it's also totally normal for weight to vary by a few pounds depending on whether you've weighed yourself first thing in the morning (which you'd be more likely to do at home) or after eating and drinking loads during the day (which would more likely be the case in the doctor's office).

I weigh by my own scale, naked in the morning, before breakfast, and my scale is digital. Add breakfast and clothing and I put o 3-5 lbs. Jump on the doc's digital scale and it's up 5-7 lbs. I know what I weighed before I got pregnant on my home scale and what I weigh now is right on track (21 lbs at 33 weeks), same gain on the doc's scale just 5-7 up from my home scale. I'm ok with that. It also seems to make a difference having had to go to the toilet. So you have to really do your own measures or else just go with whatever they say (which could be up to 7 lbs out in my books).

I hate when I have an afternoon appointment since by then I've drank a ridiculous amount of water had 2 meals and snacks. I figure the Dr's office has to be calibrated on a regular basis so I base my start weight to end weight on their scale. They have a digital scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->