What's the best concert you've ever been to?

Oh it's so tough to pick.

Ummmm ok. So top spot has to be this tiny little dj set in a tent Suggs from Madness did. He sang to me, held my hand, danced with me and then at the end wrote my mum a birthday card.

Then 2nd is a tie between Madness at Camp Bestival and Iron Maiden at the o2.

And third is Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip. LOVE them!

Ooohh tough one! Green Day in Milton Keynes were amazing, 65 thousand people all there to see one band was incredible!

Umm.. Good Charlotte in '05 in Bristol. They'd changed my life so much, I was a wreck when I saw them :haha:

Dropkick Murphys in '05 blew my socks off.

Stone Sour and Avenged Sevenfold last November was mind blowing. I had to be carried out of the gig when Avenged Sevenfold were on, I was crying so much I couldn't breathe!

They're the ones that stick in my mind, but I've seen thousands of bands. More will pop into my mind later :haha:

I was at Green Day in MK too, it was amazing, I buzzed off it for days afterwards!

I was also at Stone Sour and A7X last November - they're my two most favourite bands and it blew me away!

I'd throw in Slipknot at Download 09 too, they were outstanding.

I have been to so many gigs and festivals but they're the few that stand out for me :)

Skindred :)

Also Faith No More as I never thought I would get to see them! Oh and Slipknot.

Then Alexisonfire as I'm in love with Dallas Green hha

Oh it's so tough to pick.

Ummmm ok. So top spot has to be this tiny little dj set in a tent Suggs from Madness did. He sang to me, held my hand, danced with me and then at the end wrote my mum a birthday card.

Then 2nd is a tie between Madness at Camp Bestival and Iron Maiden at the o2.

And third is Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip. LOVE them!

My little sisters ex nanny who is a good friend of mine now was in a music video of Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip! My student friends were watching it and I just looked at the screen and thought whaat the fuck? This one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoN6XfyQsr4&ob=av3e

I just remembered I saw Faithless like 5 years ago and they were SO GOOD. I would love to see Madness!

I'm a bit jealous of her getting to be in the video with them Lou! I love Scroobius Pip, I've met him and was pathetically awestruck. It was mortifying beyond belief, ended up chatting to him about Henry Hoovers. He was really lovely and funny but was probably thinking 'why the hell is this mental woman talking to me about Hoovers with faces??' :blush:

I'm going to sound awfully gay right now! Haha!

But westlifes 'dreams come true tour' was amazing. I was only 11 at the time, first time i'd seen them live and 11 rows from the front.
They came out singing to Flying without wings on a massive metal cage thing and they flew above our heads, literally. Amazing.

Their 'Gravity' tour this year was also amazing, I went twice :blush:
x

I saw the Dreams tour too, I was 14. It was the first concert I saw and we were right at the back. Well jel you were so close :haha: i lost my voice the next day and bruised my mums arm coz I grabbed her in utter excitement :haha:

Coheed and Cambria's Neverender gig. I went to all 4 days, it was AWESOME!

Far too many to choose just one! But my top ones would be:

Prince - Celtic Park 1992
Radiohead - Glasgow Green 2000
Faith No More (we went 3 nights :lol:) -Glasgow Barrowlands 1992
Pulp - Castlegar, Galway 1998
Pavement, Public Enemy, Nirvana and Nick Cave - Reading Festival 1992
The Prodigy - T In The Park 1996 (and Black Grape were brilliant as well)
The Black Keys - O2 Academy Glasgow 2011
Love with Arthur Lee - Liquid Room Edinburgh 2002/3?
The Stone Roses - Glasgow Green 1990 - well and truly showing my age :lol:
Gang of Four - Glasgow ABC - 2009
The Flaming Lips - T In The Park 2003

That sounds...incredible! I would love to have seen all four of those live, especially Nick Cave.

I've only ever been to 3 concerts in my life :blush:

Will Young, Gareth Gates and Zoe Birkett - think it was about 2002 with my sister and I think it was in Nottingham

Green Day in 2005 with my then-boyfriend at Milton Keynes bowl

McFly in 2007 with the ex-hubby in Sheffield

I haven't been to many but the best by far for me was Pink at the 02, she was awesome. :thumbup:

Lady gaga at the o2 was amazing!!!! And capital fm summer time ball was good too apart from the screaming girls behind us!!!!

DROPKICK MURPHYS!! All the way! I loved them...best gig of my life!! Although I am going to see blink next year...so they should be better! x

Pearl jam, Reading 2006 was epic :thumbup:

And my guilty pleasure was Take That, progress in in the millenium stadium in June this year, 20 years since I saw them the first time in the extravaganza '91 in wembley :rofl:

Oooh, I nearly forgot to put John Martyn in St David's hall Cardiff in about 2003? He's such a legend and I'm so glad I got to see him live before he died, RIP John x

xx

That sounds...incredible! I would love to have seen all four of those live, especially Nick Cave.

It was by far one of the best festivals I've ever been to - there was loads more excellent bands on the bill (and I lost one purple doc martin boot in the mud :lol:) I've seen Nick Cave in Glasgow (and with Grinderman) a couple of times too :thumbup: love that man!!

Kasabian this year at Sheffield academy was great was the 3rd time i have seen them but it was a great atmosphere going to see them again for my birthday in a couple of weeks. Have seen quite a few bands but also Florence and the Machine were great to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->