What's the difference between the I phone 4 and 5s?

lau86

Reaction score
I'm due an upgrade but it seems a lot more expensive to get a 5s, I have a 4 at the moment and would be happy to get another one of those, does anyone know what the differences are between the two?
Also O2 seem to be offering refurbished phones, are these a good idea?

Going from a 4 to a 5s is quite a big deal actually. Its certainly faster, has a better camera and the screen is larger. Siri is also available on iPhones from 4S and newer. It also has touch ID (meaning you use your fingerprint to unlock it)

If you are worried about cost, you could look at a 5c.

Refurbished are normally fine but I would question why there are refurbishments when the 5S hasnt been out that long.

You could look into a refurbished original 5 is you can find one, they arent a hell of a lot different from the 5S (pretty much just looks different and no touch ID)

I have the 4 and can't wait to upgrade the problem is it's quite old now and technology moves so fast, the update works crap on it and I doubt the next big software upgrade will be compatible with it. Could you look at the 5C? That's cheaper than the S.

I have upgraded from 4 to 5c. Its much better.My OH has the 5s and the only difference is the fingerprint technology for accessing the phone but i dont think its worth the money tbh as you can override it by putting in a pin like other iphones.:shrug:

Thanks for the advice, I think I'd be happy to have another 4 but they're only selling the 8gb now! Obviously they want everyone to just get a 5c or 5s. I think I'll just go for the 5s, it doesn't seem much more than the 5c. Also O2 are advertising the phone on their website for £120 and £49 on the car phone warehouse website, the exact same deal!! So I'm thinking I need to ring them up, if I want to keep my number?

Thanks for the advice, I think I'd be happy to have another 4 but they're only selling the 8gb now! Obviously they want everyone to just get a 5c or 5s. I think I'll just go for the 5s, it doesn't seem much more than the 5c. Also O2 are advertising the phone on their website for £120 and £49 on the car phone warehouse website, the exact same deal!! So I'm thinking I need to ring them up, if I want to keep my number?

I asked a guy in carphone warehouse why o2 cost so much more and he said it was because o2 buy their phones from carphone. Im not sure how true it is but it doesnt make very good buisness sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->