What's The Most Unusual Name You've Heard?

Everyone comments on Kalea's name. I know it's used in America, but I don't know how common it is there. But it's not used at all here.

My youngest son's real name is Kicker. Named after Ashley Fiolek's little brother. I also really like the name Onyx for a boy and Krickett for a girl. I like names that not every other person has.

A kid that goes to school with my husbands cousin is called 'Florian' (male) @.@ Has to be the oddest name ever. I think it's hideous. It's supposed to be really common here too! (No offence to any Florians out there intended! I don't like my name either)

Florian is the last name of UFC fighter Kenny Florian...wonder if that's who the baby is named after?!

Or maybe it's just a family name. One of DH's grandfathers was named Florian.

The strangest name I've ever come across was a guy named Freebird II. That's his entire name (first, middle, and last). The fact that he's a II means his dad was just Freebird.

While his name was unique, the guy was actually fairly normal! :)

a few other interesting ones I have seen this year at the school my wife works at:

Messiah
Nicodemus
Kassandrica
Fate (girl)

Someone mentioned a name similar, but there's a little girl named A-A (pronounced uh-dash-uh)

Well my two little sisters names are Phoenix, and xena. And I used to know a girl named seven, and a girl named Chrystal ball, and a boy named jc penny. But a guy I have heard of his fire disco Penguin panda... And I heard that Michael jacksons little boy is named blanket????

I went to school with a Peche (peachy) whos sisters were Tutti (tooti), Pepsi, Kizzi and the brother was Oakley. And i know of a Mercedes, Elvis, Boyboy, Blayze,
I also know someone whos called their son Phoenix but its spelt Fenix :)

my mum knows a bacardiandcoke

shes like 30 or 40, its her birth name and she hasnt changed it.

my husbands name is willy. That always provokes laughter. he was named after willy deville

my son knows a kid called khansa. I never thought to pronounce it as khan-sa and at first i was stumped as i thought it was pronounced cancer.

theres plenty of different names where my son goes to nursery- older names are the minority.

A girl i went to school with had a niece called epiphany, they called her fanny for short :wacko:

Hahaha, my OH suggested Epiphany earlier which was stomped on pretty quickly especially as the surname will be Payne - it woudl translate to Fanny Pain!

Havent actually heard this one in practise but we were hunting for one syllable middle names and the OH who has been coming up with crazy names all day, suddenly came up with 'Wish'.

I actually thought it was very cute but way too 'out there' for me to be brave enough to even consider using!

I enjoyed reading these so much....thanks for sharing. A friend of mine from college has the most unusual names for her children. She was an art major, so I always knew she was creative. She and her husband have--at last count--8 children.

Casper
Trinity
Rainer (as in Mount Rainer--I'm so very worried about her teen years :/)
Salter Naomi
Hollyn
Junah (pronounced June-uh)
Elkin

**I am forgetting one of the kids.....will have to add later**

slash!! yep little boy in Mias nursery class was called that x

I work at a daycare, and there's this girl who comes in named Rhyme. She's a very nice girl. :) I thought her name was interesting. Her mom is kind of a hippie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->