whats this

Reaction score
CAM01214.jpg so my feet have been smiling since 19 weeks I've tried soaking them in ice water elevating them and they're still swollen, but looks like i have a indent, whats up tgey hurt

A girl at my work had bad swelling early on, please get checked out, it could be a number of things.
In her case it was Preeclampsia.

I would go to your doctor. Your foot looks quite swollen. It could be nothing, but better to just be safe.

The indent is there because the form of swelling you have is pitting edema. I would call up my Dr right away to see if they could get me in. They should check your blood pressure and urine for any abnormalities. Does the swelling occur anywhere else? Legs, hands, face etc?

Best to give your midwife a call and see if they think you need to be seen.

I have high blood pressure and am on meds for it and have a monitor to check it daily. Is your blood pressure up? Do you have a headache that doesn't go away? Is your face and hands swelling too? If not, I wouldn't worry about it, but give your doc a call for piece of mind. Be advised though, they may give you the standard "go to the er" advice. Last time I took that advice and went I ended up having to pay $150 there and got billed for $350 in additional doc's fees, all for nothing. I have swelling in my ankles and feet to, usually after being on them too much. I sleep with my feet elevated at night and by morning they look better, although not completely un-swollen looking. I called my doc in a slight panic when I noticed they were swollen particularly bad, almost round all the way around, left a message and didn't get the message they gave me to go to the er. By the time I checked the message the swelling had gone down and everything was fine. I talked to my doc last visit and she said it is normal and the problem may be not getting enough water. Drink more water and elevate your feet. I've had preclempsia before, and if you have headaches that won't go away for a few days, and swelling in the face or hands that is when you go to er. Don't worry.

My bp has been good at my appts, they werent concerned at my 22 week appt, so i dunno, but today i seen that indent, and they hurt alittle, stiff, i wenr to er weeks ago everything was fine

My feet have swollen worse than.this, calves and ankles too, not my face

CAM01224.jpg I put my finger on my foot, left and indent, i heard this ia normal, because its fluid?

We can't give you answers only your doctor can. People are advising you to go to your doctor - I advise this as well. You can't ask for advice or what to do and then completely brush it off like that.

And just because your doctor didn't say anything doesn't mean nothing is actually wrong. My doctor didn't tell me I was at a higher risk for pre - eclampsia until I asked about a specific allergy medicine. She didn't even tell me my blood pressure was slightly elevated at every visit until this moment either. They just don't always tell you what's wrong.

Take the advice of everyone and get it checked out, because we are not doctors and cannot tell you what is wrong or what to do. Just suggest things.

I know just like to get advice, from women who have had this and see, my dr. Wasnt concerned, and i can never reach them until my appt, next Thursday is my next appt.

My feet are swelling almost that bad too and the only reason I haven't called my doctor about it is because I'm seeing him every 7-10 days and he's monitoring me closely already. He checks my bp every single time, tests my urine for protein, and asks if the swelling goes down at all (which it does with compression and elevating my feet). The longer the finger imprint stays, the more swollen you are and the more fluid you are retaining. In my case, it's nothing the dr is overly concerned about as my bp has been normal, my urine is clean (no protein), and I'm feeling regular movement. I'm also low risk for pre-eclampsia as this is my 3rd child and I haven't had it before. HOWEVER, I do recommend you talk to your doctor or midwife as extreme swelling like that this early in pregnancy can be a sign of pre-eclampsia, especially if this is your first pregnancy. As I stated, I haven't called my dr because I'm already seeing him weekly. Please call and go in. You need to be seen. It's better to be safe than sorry.

June baby, you would never forgive yourself if something happened to your little baby!! It could be nothing or it could be something! Your health and babies health is so important. Don't risk having regret later on that you didn't take it more seriously.
I hope you ring dr or go to er for a check up xxxx

I am a nurse in the US and I don't typically give medical advice or opinions on here because I don't ever want someone to trust my judgment or opinion over the Internet and not go to their doctor... With that being said please go get checked out... swelling like that is not normal. We are all just worried about that health of yourself and your baby.

Thanks ladies, still swollen i went 3 weeks ago to er for same thing, and everything was fine

Caitlyn, woukdnt my face or hands be swollen to.if its pre ec? Or wouldnt i have headaches, trust me im.concerned but, its hot outside, im obese, etc.. And when i went to er they looked at me like i was.crazy, they said its normal, granted, uts gotten worse since then, my next appt is thursday

Every person is different... the swelling in your feet does seem pretty severe. Do you drink a lot of water? Eat a lot of salty foods?

CAM01273.jpg Here it is just now, it switches one day my right foot will be more swollen and the next day my left will be more swollen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->