What's you cover story?

Goods

Reaction score
Being Irish, if I get preggers before Xmas, people will suspect something if I don't take part in the seasonal festivities fully by indulging in a glass of wine or 3, don't I don't want to tell anyone until 12 weeks.

Anyone got any good cover stories aside from the old "I'm on antibiotics" excuse?

i dont drink at all so i dont have this problem lol. id probably just...have 1 lol and sip on it slowly all night. simply...hide the fact that its the only one im drinking. they say 1 wine infequently during pregnancy isnt a bad thing!

i dont drink at all so i dont have this problem lol. id probably just...have 1 lol and sip on it slowly all night. simply...hide the fact that its the only one im drinking. they say 1 wine infequently during pregnancy isnt a bad thing!

Yep- THIS^^^^^

If we get pg this cycle we won't be telling anyone for a while so I'll have the same issue.

Fingers crossed for you!:thumbup: I hope you are unable to drink this holiday season!

I work for a winery and when I was 9 weeks along we had a meeting where everyone was drinking a toast. They offered cranberry juice and champagne. Only myself and one woman (that is sober) took the juice and the red glass stood out like a sore thumb. I had one woman staring at me the entire meeting with her jaw open and then 5 minutes after it ended she ran into my office and asked me if I was pregnant!!

This time around I will take a glass of whatever is being handed out and just hold it in my hand and then leave it somewhere or dump it when no one is looking. Because refusing a drink causes suspicion, but no one really pays attention once the drink is poured to see if you're on your first or tenth or whatever drink!

This time around I will take a glass of whatever is being handed out and just hold it in my hand and then leave it somewhere or dump it when no one is looking. Because refusing a drink causes suspicion, but no one really pays attention once the drink is poured to see if you're on your first or tenth or whatever drink!

This is what I'm hoping to do. lol :winkwink:

It is tricky. We told our parents before 12 weeks last time and I had my 12 week scan around 21st December so we could tell people as we saw them over Christmas.

I still had ore work Xmas parties and things though so I used the antibiotics one a few times, I said as I was on antibiotics I would of only had a few so I'd drive. This year I will probably use dd as an excuse to drive saying she is under the weather so I want to be able to drive (if I'm lucky enough to be pregnant I mean!).

I agree at your house or anywhere you feel at home, sneak some apple juice and drink from a wine glass or else take a glass when offered and just out it down somewhere or let your dh sip some.
I personally didn't drink when pregnant and although I know the odd small glass of wine is ok, I think it's recommended to wait until after the first trimester.

X

I will prob do the let ppl pour it and sip it and tip most away, however around the dinner table at Christmas that may be difficult so I don't think I will be able to cover it up. I think ppl will no as I usually have a fair few glasses

I know what you mean. This is an issue in my family too. My dad is already talking about doing flights of wine, etc. :) I'm a fan of switching out drinks. You could try non alcoholic beer or wine, but you run the risk of someone finding the bottle. Could you drink a mixed drink instead? Those are pretty easy to fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->