What's your honest opinion on people on benefits?

There's always going to be a percentage of people who just won't work, and considering there isn't enough jobs for everyone (that is a fact, there can never be full employment) then I think its better for everyone that the jobs that are available go to the people that want them, and that small percentage of lazy sods just be lazy sods. Its better than them having to resort to crime in order to feed themselves. We ALL benefit from people being on benefits - you would not want to live in a country that doesn't have them, even for the lazy layabouts.

I'm on benefits atm. I'm a single parent currently looking for a job. Without the welfare state, I'd be in the shit. It angers me that some abuse it. And I will never understand how people can be content living off the state for the rest of their lives.

I am proud that here in the UK we have a benefit system for those that need it. But i get cross at people who CAN work but chose not to.

My sister has 5 kids and expecting. Never worked a day in her life and neither has partner. She has a lovely house and most things paid for by the state. We still have student loans and pay nearly a grand for rent (cheap in our area), and pay our bills, etc. We have less disposable income than they do but we have worked hard to get a career.

Somehow they can afford a Bugaboo, etc:shrug:

Pees me off. Her hubby is physically able to work!

Yet you get poeple who are full time carers for their loved ones and have to give up work and are too proud to claim or arent given the info. Makes me sad.

One of my pals really impressed me last year. He had lost his financial job in the economy crises. He chose to go back to night school to improve his post grad education so he could get THAT job. He went from earning a hundred thousand a year to work 5 days a week in sainsburies stacking shelves until he could get THAT job. A strong person!

If u are genuine and you can work or u loose your job then ushoud recurve benefits. But some people really get my back up. I am a care worker and I have a guy i go to who is a drug addict and an alcoholic, he has got that wasted s many times and fel so many times he has now injured his head which means e requires a care worker to go to him daily and help him with day to daylife. His care is paid for by the government, along withnhis flat and council tax and his benefits for not working. We can't go in there a,one we have t have a mle carer go with us due to previous violence towards us, a lot of the time we go in there to find him pissed up or his mats crashed out on his sofa from the night before... But then we also have elderly people who are really struggling to get by yet they have to pay for their care???? It's these srt of situations that get my back up cause there are people who really don't deserve the help as they got themselves into the mess and have no intentions of trying to better themselves then you have these other people who can't help their circumstances yet get bugger all

I only look down on those that dont work but could and just make excuses not to.

People who genuinly cannot work, or want to work but cant get it, then they do deserve it. I dont judge as I could be one of those people. Nobody is safe in a job in this day and age and good health is not guaranteed.
Those who actively make a living out of being on benefits, who flaunt their lifestyle, and refuse to work when they can, or fake illness then they should be found out and shopped imo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->