When and how did/will you announce?

Ginaj

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked 500 times!

So I got my bfp last week and told hubby straight away, he is super excited and wanted to tell everyone immediately. We already have a 5year old who wasn't planned (we were young and in uni so wasn't so much of an announcement!) anyway, I'm about 5 weeks and want to wait til 8weeks so less risk of anything going wrong. I quite like that is out little secret for now. I also want our daughter to be first to know and was thinking of getting her to do a little vid saying she's been promoted. However, not sure we can keep it quiet for much longer!

What did you do/what do you plan to do and when???

Congratulations on BFP

I got mine last week. I have a 6 year old boy. I told my partner straight away but we will announce it to friends and family via phone calls after the scan and when we've told all the important people we will post it on Facebook 😁

Hi :flower:

I have ordered two balloons in a little box and it comes with a pin, heart shaped confetti and a scroll with a message about baby #3. You put the scroll and confetti in the balloon and blow it up for the person to pop!

I told my family with my daughter at 5 weeks, I’m doing the same this time because I literally can’t keep it from them :haha:

We told immediate family straight away but will wait to make a general announcement until around 16 weeks or until I can't hide it any longer which going by the rate I'm growing won't be too much longer. We have our dating scan tomorrow so we will see how that goes

With my DS, who is now 5, we announced around 13/14 weeks. With this one, I am thinking we will announce after my 12 week NT scan if all goes well there.

I'm 10 weeks now and told most of my good friends and my parents and in-laws at our 8 week dating scan.

We told my parents one night when they were over for dinner. We got out oldest to tell my in laws by saying there's a baby in mummy's tummy. And I texted my sisters my pregnancy test. We don't announce on social media but I have commented on a few things so if anyone's stalking me they'll know lol. We were 4-5 weeks when we told our family. We've miscarried in "secret" before and it actually really sucks telling people you lost a baby after the fact. If they know you're pregnant beforehand it's easier, and they got to experience the joy of the pregnancy while it lasted.

I also get absolutely sick as a dog -- like bedridden, so there's no way of hiding a pregnancy past 6 weeks for me.

Told sister right away and mom around 7 weeks. Everyone else in family between 24 and 26 weeks, no big announcement just whenever I saw them. I actually loved having the secret. A few friends from high school who I get together with for lunch about 3 times a year found out after the baby was born.

Told my DH right away. Told my sister a few days later because we went and stayed with her on a holiday. Then we told our parents & DH's siblings a few days after we returned home from our holiday.

I will probably do a Christmas Eve announcement on FB if all goes according to plan :) I will have had my 12w scan by then.

Our DD just turned 2 and our DS is only 14 months. They won't quite understand, but will start telling them there is a baby coming after our 12w scan. I have a book in mind I want to get them for Christmas about getting a new baby brother or sister.

I did an IVF, so DH, my sisters and mom knew immediately.
As for friends, in-laws & coworkers, it was around 8 weeks.
It was really hard to keep it a secret as we have been LTTTC for quite some time, and all I wanted to do was shout it from the rooftops.
We had our 11/12 week anatomy scan yesterday, and all seems ok at this point, so probably will tell more people when we see them. Plus, I look very pregnant, so hiding is getting harder

Congrats! I know how it feels to be expecting a surprise baby. I currently have one on board. My hubby is always the first to know, usually my parents are told second, although I think I'm going to wait to tell them until after our first ultrasound since I do have a history of losses. I probably won't announce it on Facebook to everyone else until baby is here.

I had a scan done last week, had my 12 week one today and I couldn't wait any longer, so we announced with this;

Attachments

• IMG_5294.jpg
    IMG_5294.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 16
DS1 and DS2 I announced as soon as I knew. DS3 I didn't want to have so when I found out I was pregnant I was not happy and didn't want to annouce because I needed to deal with it before hand. That got taken away from me from a so-called friend who opened her mouth to something she assumed to be true (I hadn't told or hinted at all) so not only was I dealing with emotions of a very much unwanted pregnancy, I was dealing with the Congratulations as well which made it harder. This time, we have only told a handful of people and I have successfully managed to hide it from everyone other than those who know. No one else will be knowing until I announce on Facebook when baby is a week or 2 old. I didn't get the privacy I wanted last time so I'll be damned I'm not getting it this time. I'm going to get a lot of shock and negativity because I've not said anything at all but I really don't care. I'm over people thinking that they have a say in what I do and don't tell everyone.

I told DH right away. We are telling my parents at Thanksgiving and they love wine so I ordered a custom wine label from Etsy that says "The best Parents become Grandparents" along with the due date. I'll tell them that we found a new wine that is really good and they should take a look.

We are telling DH's mom and grandmother at Christmas and plan to surprise them both at the same time but are figuring out exactly how. :)

We will be 12 weeks around new years so our official announcements (both in the mail and on facebook) will be new years related.

So far DH and my sister know. I will tell my parents around the 13 week mark and everyone else after my anatomy scan around 20 weeks. No big announcement for us, I will just let whoever runs into me see the growing belly for themselves.

I told DH as soon as he came home from work but so far nobody else will know until after our 12 week scan! I find it so hard to not slip up though and I think I'll find the Christmas period especially hard since I have so many 'drinking' nights. How does everybody get around those nights?

I told DH as soon as he came home from work but so far nobody else will know until after our 12 week scan! I find it so hard to not slip up though and I think I'll find the Christmas period especially hard since I have so many 'drinking' nights. How does everybody get around those nights?

I have my company Christmas party in a few weeks and my plan is to drink just tonic and lime (minus the vodka) but people will just assume it's a vodka tonic. This way I'm not being obvious my drinking water, people won't question me as long as I have some sort of drink in my hand.

So it’s a little bit of a funny story with the way I ended up telling DH. I had an early mc/cp last month and I wasn’t expecting AF to come on time but knew around what time she should get here (Oct 22nd) well that came and went and then by the 26th it was like okay what’s going on so I told DH heads up I’m going to buy a test Sunday (29th) if it doesn’t show. Sunday evening still hadn’t come so on the way home from work I picked up a test, well when I got home my FIL was just pulling in so I had to sneak past him and take the test to the bathroom. Took it while he was there cause I just couldn’t wait and it was immediately positive, had to sit and wait for an hour for FIL to Leave when he left, I went and got the tests and told DH guess what, I’m pregnant. Lol
I told my sister right away, and ended up telling my mil because she had to watch the kids for me so I could go to my appt. I recently told my mom by showing her the video of the woman singing we can’t stop having babies. She didn’t get it at first but then she did.
Our plan to tell my in laws is my sister is gonna make me a shirt for my oldest that says “Not this AGAIN....” and then the twins will be wearing big brother shirts. I’ll take my oldest in and if they don’t get it from his shirt DH will come in with the boys shirts. I’m excited and want to tell them all now but DH wants to wait til we know everything will be okay.

We will be announcing the week before Christmas so I think I might put DD in a Big Sister t-shirt. I find announcing so CRINGE, I love seeing other people’s annoucements but when it comes to announcing myself I just find it so awkward and embarrassing :dohh:

We will be announcing the week before Christmas so I think I might put DD in a Big Sister t-shirt. I find announcing so CRINGE, I love seeing other people’s annoucements but when it comes to announcing myself I just find it so awkward and embarrassing :dohh:

Feels awkward for me too!! It's like hey everyone we have this big news and now you all need to pay attention to me and my growing belly!!

If it was socially acceptable to just text family that is what I would do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->