When are you buying your nursing bras?

BumbleBump

Mummy to 3 girlies!
Reaction score
I bought new bras at about 2 months or so as I went from a 36DD to a 34F :blush: I think I'm starting to grow out of them now, but I really don't want to waste money on new ones as we can't afford it for the sake of a couple of months and would like the next ones I buy to last me through BFing.

I read that its suggested to get them 10 days before your EDD? I'm worried that by then it's going to be really difficult to find them in my size and I'll have to order online and wait for them to be delivered, and obviously I'll need them by the time LO is here! Is it better to get them earlier and buy a bit bigger? If so, how much bigger and just in cup size or back size too?

When are you all getting yours, and how are you judging the size?

Good question, was comtemplating getting mine within the next week or so

Im gonna go get measured at marks and spencers next weekend, buy one or two from there and see how i go. Might get a few cheaper ones too once i know what size i am

I went to buy some maternity bras and was measured for them at mothercare. I asked the lady there about nursing bras and she said to come back at 38 weeks to be measured for them because they take you down a back size and up a cup size. I will go in during 37 weeks or so because I don't think I can cope waddling to the shops at 38 weeks!

Hope this helps. x

They say 10 days before because your rib cage does down and it fits well. So you could wait until baby head is on it's way down into your pelvis... To help with sizing I was a DD in maternity bra, using the same brand (M&S) they put me in a F bra.. just remember after a few weeks of feeding etc you'll need to get re-measured. M&S do two bras for £25 one black and one white...

Thanks girls! I'll go about 38 weeks in that case - I've heard LO can possibly not engage until last minute with 2nd time babies though it's been a while so my body might have forgotten! I think I'll buy a twin pack at 38 weeks which should last me through until feedings been established - M&S sounds like a good place to go!

Don't know what I'd do without you all :hugs:

I was thinking at going about 37 weeks, although I hope they do my size as I've went up to a 36E so god only knows what size they'll be by then!!

These are the ones I got, you can check the size as well https://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/...d=core&size=9&rh=n:83591031,n:83595031&page=1

If you go around 37 weeks they will be able to estimate how much bigger your boobs will be when you milk comes in - they normally estimate a cup size bigger than what you are at the time they measure you at 37 weeks. Hope this helps xx

These are the ones I got, you can check the size as well https://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/...d=core&size=9&rh=n:83591031,n:83595031&page=1

Eep, I might be too big for those after all by that time :rofl: They look lovely though, I remember with my first I got some from mothercare and they made the ladies look like icecream cones :dohh: They seem to have got a lot nicer in 5 years, just hoping I don't get too much bigger :(

I got measured at Mothercare and she said to me that the back size will go down and cup size up one.
Currently 38 D,since bubs engaged the fit is much better.

I bought two online from Next for £24 to see me through few weeks until feeding underway :)

If you get in touch with the NCT, they can send a volunteer to your house who will measure you at 36-37 weeks and then tell you what size you're likely to need when your milk comes in, apparently. I'm going to get in contact when I'm 34 weeks and sort something out for 36 weeks as like you I imagine I'll have to order from somewhere online.

If you get in touch with the NCT, they can send a volunteer to your house who will measure you at 36-37 weeks and then tell you what size you're likely to need when your milk comes in, apparently. I'm going to get in contact when I'm 34 weeks and sort something out for 36 weeks as like you I imagine I'll have to order from somewhere online.

Ooh thats the first time I've heard of that! I'll definately look into it, I feel really embarressed going to a shop and asking them to measure me, the only reason I did it last time was because OH and I found a tiny boutique that sold hotmilk bras which are sooo pretty, and OH and the lady convinced me to get one there and then!

Sitting at home and getting someone to come to you, then clicking around online sounds like a great deal to me :rofl: Just took a trip to town to meet up with my mum and grandma, have some lunch and go to 2 shops and now I'm waddling lol, goodness knows what I'll be like in a months time :D

I was going to go on Saturday for mine, as i'll be 37+5.

Plus that and cheap pants are the only thing not in my hospital bag!! LOL

Love laura. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"