When are you doing your Christmas food shopping?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
We will probably do ours on Wednesday or Thursday before Christmas. I don't dare risk the shops any closer to Christmas :haha:

We're gonna have to do it a bit differently this year so we've started buying bits and putting them away in a separate cupboard. Then some point the week before DH will get the perishables on his own since I won't be able to go

We've got a few bits but we're totally crazy and do the day before Christmas Eve! Can't say I'm overly excited to fight all the people :haha:

We already have everything we can freeze or has a long shelf life.

I literally need
Cranberry sauce ( getting from work)
Potatoes
Double cream

Ordered online now, recently did a top up shop online to find there weren't many slots left so did it the other night. I only do online shopping as I can't deal with going into the shop. It gets delivered Thursday so will have Friday and Saturday to get anything we're not happy with

23rd, got a order to pick up from morrisons at 12pm will go around 6am to Tesco on the 23rd will all be done so can relax Xmas eve

I've plated it safeish with click and collect for Friday lunch time - figure I have the time to grab anything that's missing :) xx

I will probably do a click and collect for the 23rd if I can, infact may book it tomorrow. We don't have much extra and I already have most of the bits I need minus the fresh veg and meat. I don't think I could go into asda that close to Christmas.

I have a shop booked for the Thursday. Really I was hoping for the Friday but couldn't get it. Last year Morrisons delivered most of my stuff with only a day left to use which was a massive pain.

I've already got a frozen turkey and I've been putting snacky bits away for a few weeks so all I really need is my veg and stuff. I'll have chance to get the shop at least if anything is missing/out of date.

One year I did my shopping in an actual shop. Never again, omg. I went to the Asda about 4am on the 23rd on recommendation from my sister that it's a nice quiet time to go. Well, seemed like half my town got the same memo because it was RAMMED. Oh it was horrible. All the shelves had been cleared of anything Christmassy and even the seasonal aisle had been changed to some new year big clean thing instead of Christmas. Proper dampened my cheer :lol:
Last year my shopping came while I was wrapping presents and I got a free gingerbread reindeer, it was great :haha:

I just did mine online after seeing this thread:haha: wasn't any delivery slots but are collecting it from our local store drive thru on the 23rd, I wouldn't want to go in to store that close to Christmas but want the food as fresh as possible so it's the best of both worlds!

I am buying all our cupboard stuff and soft drinks this week.
I've got to pick up the turkey and other bits from mns on the 23ed and booked 3.30 time slot.
BIL is going to get the veg and cheese board. So I don't think there will be much more to get. I'm leaving alcohol until last as we may not bother if we get given wine/champagne.

I don't like online shopping, so will go to the store on the 23rd or 24th. I'll go early though before it gets too manic. Got most things already, so just need a few fresh bits and bobs

Seems like many go early. Honestly i go at lunchtime. Have never had an issue with crowds or shops running out.

I'be been getting stuff like nuts, chocolates and treats in a bit each week but the meat and fresh food I am planning on going on Thurs 23rd as it's my only day off close to the time other than xmas eve which is just a no no. I hoping to go very early to miss the rushes off people. I hate supermarkets at this time of year. I only really need a turkey crown, veg and a nice fresh cream pudding :)

Ive ordered ours for 8-9am on the 23rd.. if i dont get any substitutes great, i dont have to deal with busy shops and if i do need bits ive still got time.

Did a big shop today. Mainly cupboard and freezer stuff, not enough to make a meal lol. Lots of treats etc.
All the fresh stuff I will get next week when I pick up my turkey.

I don't need to get much as will be at my parents for Christmas dinner and boxing day also. But have been picking up treats each week. We are cooking lamb to have lamb butties on Christmas night so OH will pick that up next week and I'll probably pop on the 23rd to get the bread/baps etc for that. OH will probably pick up the pop and alcohol next week also.

We're going early next week, I'm looking forward to it because DH got vouchers from work so I feel like we're effectively being paid to buy Christmassy treats :haha:. We do Morrisons and then nice bits from M&S, Morrisons is usually fine but M&S is busy all year, at Christmas it is horrible so I want to get in and out as quickly as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->