When are you doing your Christmas food shopping?

I ordered it online sometime in October :haha: all that's left is to collect it on Christmas eve morning. We've bought a few drinks since but there's nothing left to buy.

I've already got the chocolates, biscuits, crackers etc... as i get them week by week with my usual shopping.
I hate food shopping in the shops so I get my shopping delivered. So I will have one delivery this Friday with normal shopping plus bits that will keep sealed.
Rest I got a delivery slot for Thursday 22nd. I wanted 23rd but was all gone by 8am!!! :dohh:

I don't need loads as we're out for dinner xmas eve, xmas day and Boxing Day but my plan is to do a final 'big' shop before xmas on 21st and any top up bits I need like milk I'll just get from our local co-op before our next big shop on 28th.

I actually booked a slot for online delivery for the 23Rd weeks ago. Then we got dh date for his op and so I got everything early and froze what I could in case asda gave me weird subs and I couldn't get out to replace them. So I actually only have like 4 or 5 things for Christmas itself. I'll still use the slot as I will need to stock up on other things anyway

We went to our local Tesco on Sunday to pick up the stuff that will last. Got stuck in a 3 hour jam in the carpark. No joke. I had to leave and walk to the nearby train station where my sister picked me and the baby up. Left my husband in the car literally trapped. People couldn't even get out of their parking spaces :/ I was going back for veg on Friday but I managed to get a delivery slot last minute for Wednesday. I only want vegetables so it better be okay! My spots for 11pm at night hahah. At least if it's crap I can go shop on Friday still :)

Well my plan was to get everything delivered however by the time I got to booking a slot they were all gone!! Who knew you have to be so organised so early on... 😜 Anyway, went to sainsburys today and got most things, it was insanely busy for a Tuesday morning!! We will pick up the turkey from the farm on Friday and that's it, done!

Did the Christmas food shopping today. I am paranoid I've forgotten something!

Eeekkkk!!!
My shopping is being delivered tomorrow and even though i have been over the list 5times over im still paranoid ive not got enough or even got to much :haha:
I will be spending my evening going through the cupboards to check what i have already stocked up on, browsing through tesco site to make sure nothing is missed whilst watching christmas films and painting my nails.....

Let the countdown REALLY begin :haha::xmas1:

Isn't it always the way, even when you haven't forgotten something you still feel like you have?

Paranoia over queues is why I go for M&S collection these days, touch wood there won't be a problem with the time slot, it's always been fine but I've heard from others who had a long wait and chaos.

Paranoia over queues is why I go for M&S collection these days, touch wood there won't be a problem with the time slot, it's always been fine but I've heard from others who had a long wait and chaos.

Hope not. I have a few bits to collect Friday and I've got to drag two kids with me....was hoping to be in/out. Wish me luck lol

Had mine delivered at 8:30pm earlier. Got a few substitutes which hasn't bothered me as they've given me more than I essentially bought :)

We are going to Aldi tomorrow morning. Fortunately my husband is off so should make lfe a little easier.

Just been to co op. It was well stocked and empty!

I have a delivery tomorrow. Probably loads of subs lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->