when are you out of the clear for chemical

3babesforme

Reaction score
as the title states, at what week are you out of the clear for a chemical pregnancy? i am always so paranoid each time i'm pregnant that it will result in a chemical :nope:

Chemicals are pregnancies that stop almost as soon as they begin and happen within 2 weeks after conxeption, most women never know they are pregnant. However just because you don't have a chemical pregnancy doesn't mean you won't miscarry. Miscarriages are very common I n the 1st trimester and no doctor will tell you flat out that you won't miscarry. You can have a perfect scan and then miscarry a few days later. 1st trimesters are the absolute worst. The chancea, however go down the farther along you are.

Chemicals are pregnancies that stop almost as soon as they begin and happen within 2 weeks after conxeption, most women never know they are pregnant. However just because you don't have a chemical pregnancy doesn't mean you won't miscarry. Miscarriages are very common I n the 1st trimester and no doctor will tell you flat out that you won't miscarry. You can have a perfect scan and then miscarry a few days later. 1st trimesters are the absolute worst. The chancea, however go down the farther along you are.

ugh yeah i know. i just worry on chemicals specifically because 1- ive had one and 2- they account for the majority of miscarriages.

i definitely hate the first tri. i can't wait to be out of here onto the second, with a little less worry.

A chemical pregnancy is a pregnancy that could only possibly be confirmed via hormones detected in blood or urine. In other words, if an ultrasound does not detect any products of conception (gestational sac, yolk sac, fetal pole, embryo etc.) , but hcg is detected and the pregnancy does not develop the loss is called a "chemical pregnancy." It is still an early miscarriage. The gestational sac shows up around 5 weeks or so, I think. After that a loss is called an " anembryonic miscarriage" until 6 ish weeks, when an embryo could then be visible via US. After that a loss is termed "miscarriage" until 20 weeks, after which it is called "stillbirth."

The risk of pregnancy loss with no prior losses or one prior loss decreases from 15% to 5% after a heartbeat is detected, which can be done around 6-7 weeks via ultrasound.

A biochemical pregnancy is any pregnancy that is lost before it would have been able to be confirmed by ultrasound. I've never had an early ultrasound, so I'm not sure when an embryo is normal visible... but I think it might be somewhere along the 6-7 week mark?

ETA: I was writing while the post above me was posting, but yeah... pretty much everything they said. ^^^ lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->