When can I extract my teeth?

nickz54

Reaction score
My periods is irregular and a few days back only I came to know that I'm pregnant. I have 2 abscessed teeth on my lower left side and I was scheduled for extraction from Clearbrook Dental clinic in Oshawa on 15th of this month. I have heard that we are not supposed to do any dental work in the first trimester, so what should I do? When can I extract my teeth?

both my wisdom teeth have been removed during a pregnancy

the only down side is no great painkillers

If your teeth are in fact abcessed, I can't imagine that you can wait to have them taken out. You are already in danger of serious bone infection. Not to mention when the abcesses come through you will be in horrific pain and your entire face will swell up. I would call your dentist and be referred to an oral surgeon and discuss your options, but I they are truly abcessed you cannot wait for several weeks to have them removed unless they can put you on antibiotics for several weeks.

I had an abscess through 1/2 of my pregnancy with my DD from a root canal they tried to do during second trimester (which is I think the ideal time for dental work from what I recall) but they couldn't complete the root canal since I was gagging from the equipment they needed to use. It was so stressful as I was scared of what kind of infection the abcess might cause. I would check with your OBGYN. Don't just listen to the dentist. You might have a chance to get it done during 2nd trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->