When can I have a (very small) drink?

coffee cake

Reaction score
I've been craving the taste of beer. When is it okay to have a little bit? I know this is not something done usually in North America but in Europe it is, so prefer no judgement, thank you. Keep in mind I only want a taste and not a litre. ;)

If its the taste of beer your craving hun there are plenty of good alcohol free beers, personally i like alcohol free becks and had a couple of them over xmas when i was pregnant with my last baby, got the taste of beer and no alcohol so win win :) xx

Becks Blue is great, tastes just like the real thing, I love beer (too sick for it at the mo though) and the best thing is I can have as much as I want!

Or you could just have a taste. A tiny bit won't hurt! x

I personally don't see the harm in a small drink occasionally. I've had a very small glass of red wine while cooking. But i only drink red wine during pregnancy because it has health benefits in a small moderation. I think you'll find peoples opinions are mixed on this as there really isn't enough conclusive evidence either way.

Thanks for all the responses! If I want more than just a little taste I would drink non alcoholic. I do know a little doesn't hurt, but I know that you should avoid entirely until placenta is in place. So just wante to know when that was. <3

I say have half a pint if u fancy it. In my opinion becks blue tastes nothing like real beer at all. I had a shandy quite often in my last pregnancy and everything was fine. As long as u dont go mad i think its fine xx

My aunt had her twins in San Fran. There was a horrendous black out and she was having early contractions, she couldn't get to a hospital. She spoke to an older consultant and he advised a glass of wine. The contractions stopped! This was about 15 years ago.

My aunt had her twins in San Fran. There was a horrendous black out and she was having early contractions, she couldn't get to a hospital. She spoke to an older consultant and he advised a glass of wine. The contractions stopped! This was about 15 years ago.

:haha: wow is there anything wine can't do?!

I didn't drink at all with my first.

With my second I waited until the end of the second trimester and had a drink on a few occasions, just enough to get the relaxed feeling, no where near enough to even feel tipsy.

My mom (she's a labor/delivery nurse) says that in first tri the brain is developing. So I would think at least waiting till after that.

it's my birthday in a couple of weeks and i will be 13 weeks by then. i have bought some low alcohol sparkling wine and can't wait to have a couple of small glasses! i think if u only have the 1 every now and again it won't do any harm

I'd definitely wouldn't have a full glass of wine during pregnancy as that's equivalent to two-3 full beers. Thats a lot of alcohol.

I'd just play it safe and not drink at all. Its only 9 months if you don't plan on breast feeding.

I've been craving mojitos, margaritas and lemon drops. But I know I would even sip that. My baby is the world to me.

I personally don't see the harm in a small drink occasionally. I've had a very small glass of red wine while cooking. But i only drink red wine during pregnancy because it has health benefits in a small moderation. I think you'll find peoples opinions are mixed on this as there really isn't enough conclusive evidence either way.

I agree with this... :shrug:

This thread isn't a question as to whether I should or shouldn't do it, I know small amounts does no harm at all during pregnancy. By the sounds of it I should wait until 2 trimester. Thank you for all the responses!!

I usually had a glass of wine with holiday dinners. Thanksgiving was the first big holiday during my pregnancy, so 14 weeks is when I had my first.

I craved beers throughout the whole thing. Non-alcoholic ones were a lifesaver! :haha:

Anytime in pregnancy a small amount won't do any harm

Personally don't drink at all not even when am not pregnant

But my friend used to have the odd glass of wine everything was fine think they say 1-2 units a week ? X

I agree with this... :shrug:

I also agree with the above. I'm planning on having a small glass of red wine with Xmas dinner when I'll be around 16 wks.....then again I'm in paranoia overdrive with a big bleed scare today so I might think again. Will see how I feel when I get to Xmas day!

No offense, Honestly, what would a small taste accomplish anyway. If I have a craving, a small taste won't satisfy me.its not even worth it. You're just gonna want more and more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->