when can we swim????

saraendepity

Daisy's Mummy and TTC!
Reaction score
i reeeeeeeeeally wanna take daisy swimming!! she's 10 weeks on wed...is it still too early??????

I asked my HV this and she said maybe wait until after his first round of shots at 8weeks then go. She said some ppl recommend waiting until 6months as the pool may be too cold etc but that if we go to a place that has a special 'baby pool' it will be heated just right for him

You don't have to wait until their 1st imms...the imms aren't against anything you could catch at a swimming pool anyway:dohh:

You can go whenever you like. Make sure pool and changing areas are nice and warm though and take a towel to the poolside with you to wrap around bubs as you're carrying her back to the changing area:thumbup:

Im going away when my baby is 8 weeks old and the midwife said baby will be fine to take from as early as 4 weeks just make sure you keep them warm. :)

We've been taking Freya in normal pools since she was 6 weeks ish, she has a baby snug (little wetsuit) which keeps her warm as she is not huge! (About 11lb 5oz now). We are also starting swimming lessons next week. I think the earlier the better! :)

Best to check with the pool hun. Some are happy for babies to go after 1st imms others don't allow it until after 3rd

I took holly for the first time at 10 weeks and she was fine!! just keep the swimming time short... i'dsay no longer than 15 mins!!

Ooh take her now youl both love it.. have fun x

took LO at 8 weeks, pool stated 4 months :O but when i got there (went anyway lol) they asked how old, cooing over her, and in we went???

Ooo i'd love to take Emma, where can I get a baby wetsuit from? She's still tiny though, 2 weeks ago she was 8lb 9oz (she's 8 weeks now)

Ooo i'd love to take Emma, where can I get a baby wetsuit from? She's still tiny though, 2 weeks ago she was 8lb 9oz (she's 8 weeks now)

daisy is tiny too....she's nearly 10 weeks n has just tipped the 9lb mark today :wohoo: going to mothercare tonight to see if i can get a wt suit for her... anyone no where i can get tiny swim nappies????????/

boots do huggies XS 7lb - 13lb :D i just take LO in nappy and costume. if baby pool is too cold, tell them. ours said they have boosters for heat? might be worth asking

we got a baby snug wertsuit from here:

https://www.funswimshop.co.uk/splash-about-baby-snug-3-p.asp

Freya is small too - 11lb 5oz at 3 and a half months, we got a slightly bigger size in the wetsuit so it will last longer though and it seems to work fine, she is so warm in it. She wears the XS Huggies disposables under it, we get them in Tescos.

:)

Just read online our local pool's temp is 30 degrees for the learner pool - does this sound an ok temperature?

that's alright, public pools are usually 29 or 30 degrees I think, it feels a bit chilly when you first get in but they get used to it pretty quickly. The one we are having lessons at is 32 degrees but it is a smaller pool. We went to a 30 degree one the other day and Freya was fine in it for half an hour or so.

That's great, I can't wait to go with Emma now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->