When Can You Get Baby's Ears Pierced?

I didnt get my babies done at a young age, they are seven and almost five now and they still havent got them done. My oldest girl wanted hers done for her sixth birthday but I managed to put her off for a bit (metal clip on earings and they pinched a bit so she changed her mind). My almost five year old hasnt asked. My little boy (almost nine) wanted his done but again managed to put him off.

I do sort of have an experience though. Mine. My Mum got mine done when I was around six weeks, certainly before I was three months. I dont remember the pain obviously, as far as I am aware I never had an infection either but I hate that this choice was made for me and I dont want them. Dont get me wrong I dont hate her for it or am not angry as it was the 'norm' back then but I wish she hadnt. I've worn earrings once in the last ten years and they still wont close up, they are an ugly hole that doesnt go and through no choice of my own.

I know there are lots of women who had their ears pierced as a baby and have no problems with that, but you never know which side your child will fall on.

I can stand babies that have piercings if I'm honest, they don't stay babies for long so let them stay as natural as possible for as long as possible I say. They don't need extra bits o make them any more beautiful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->