When did everyone first go to docs?

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
Just wandering.. Am 6 weeks today and not been yet think I will go tomorrow and get the whole process started! I hate all the medical side of it.. Apat from the scans.
Just booke a private scan for 2 weeks today when I should be 8 weeks!! Already feeling hugely nervous that something might be wrong! Fingers crossed!! Xx

Where i am we dont go to the doctors, just phone the midwife department and go through that, but i went to the drs this time purely because of my previous losses, i went at almost 5 weeks so he could try arrange me an early scan

At 5 weeks I filled in a form at the surgery and now just have to wait for the mw to contact me with a booking in appointment, apparently that won't be til I'm 10 weeks.

I wish I could just go straight through to a midwife referral.. Seems silly getting an appointment just to sit and say I'm pregnant and him to send a form off!!oh well need to get it done! X

i went yday bcos i have problems with my platelets when im pregnant the women told me come bk in 2wks so we can do ur bookins

Id make an appointment as soon as you can really hun, because ur 6 weeks now and if it takes a while for midwives to get you an appointment you dont want to end up getting a late appointment

At around 5 weeks but only because I had an appointment for something else anyway so just mentioned it while I was there and she gave me a form to fill out for a midwife referral.

I'm in the States so it will be different for me probably.

I'm 5 weeks and yesterday I had blood tests done. My first ultrasound is in 2 weeks and then that same week I will also have my intake appointment which is where we do all of the paperwork and planning and talking about medical histories. After that I have another scan scheduled in July when I will be about 12 weeks along.

Typically in a normal, uncomplicated pregnancy you will see your doctor about 2 weeks to a month after you make your first appointment, depending upon how far along you are and how booked they are. I am high risk because of my history of mc and was supposed to see my doctor for my first visit today but she was at the birth center delivering a baby so I have to go back Thursday.

No Dr's needed here either. Just picked up midwife referral slip to fill from GP Surgery reception desk when I was 4+2 and MW called me a week later to give me my appointment.

Thanks everyone, I will call in the morning and get the ball rolling! Last time I got called in for booking forms and bloods at around 9 weeks and was then given a date for my scan when I was there xx

I was told by the receptionist at my OB's office that they don't normally see anyone until they 7-8 weeks and then she proceeded to schedule my appointment for on the 10th, I'll be right around 6 weeks. I'm in the states as well so again, it might be different. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->