When did I conceive?

tryingfor2016

Reaction score
Hi all - i'm new to posting but have been reading along the message boards as my hubby and I were TTC.

I just got a BFP test last week and waiting to see my family doctor, so obviously in the interim I'm trying 100,000 online calculators to figure out when I conceived, how far along am I, and when I'm due.

I'm wondering though, is it possible to know when you conceived? I have been using OPKs the whole time we've been trying, and Fertility Friend for about a year.  I average about a 30 day cycle.

According to Fertility Friend I should have ovulate on Tuesday, Aprill 5th, and I got a positive OPK on that day (so that means I actually ovu'd somewhere between then and Wed April 6th). I always test my ovu with the clear blue smiley face and test first thing in the morning.

So my husband and I knew we'd be approaching ovu days, but were a bit tired this month, so we had tried on:
Friday, April 1,
Sunday, April 3
Monday, April 4

but then didn't after I got the positive OPK until Friday April 8. HOWEVER, on the 8th we were interrupted, so he didn't finish inside me. I know it's great regardless because we are pregnant! However, I'm a total control freak and maybe knowing when I got preg will help (and help predict the gender).

I'm guessing I conceived from Monday April 4, as I likelly ovulated on the 5 or 6. However, is it possible I got pregnant on the 8th?

I'm guessing it's like slim to none, considering it was after ovu, and he didn't finish (and he'd urinated since his last time). Some sites say i got preg from sex April 1-9, some say April 1-7, so now I'm confused.

But I wanted to know what you ladies think? Is it possible from the 8th coitus interruptus? Or was I already too far past ovu? Will the doctor be able to predict that?

Thanks so much!

I would say the 8th is unlikely. But any of the other days are possible, as sperm can live for days in the right environment. It's almost impossible to say when you have concieved though as there's no way to know when sperm and egg actually met. Even a scan can't tell you as very few babies measure exact to dates, most a few days ahead/behind. I really wouldn't stress over it as your just gonna give yourself a headache and never get a clear answer. Huge congrats on your bfp.

Is it possible to conceive 48 hours after ovulation? I thought by then you had to have already fertilized an egg or it's too late (only viable 24 hours)?

I would like the 8th is highly unlikely. So most have been from having sex on the 1st, 2nd or 4th but I believe actual conception is the moment sperm reaches the egg so would have been within 24hours of ovulation because that's how long the egg survives after it is released I believe so you probably conceived on the 6th.

I would like the 8th is highly unlikely. So most have been from having sex on the 1st, 2nd or 4th but I believe actual conception is the moment sperm reaches the egg so would have been within 24hours of ovulation because that's how long the egg survives after it is released I believe so you probably conceived on the 6th.

Exactly this! I think it's most likely that the winner was the 4th, but you didn't actually conceive until the sperm met the egg, which is most likely to have been the day after you got the positive OPK (so the 6th).

The month I conceived it had been a year of trying, so we were kind of burnt out. Normally we would have had sex in the days leading up to when I thought I was supposed to ovulate (which was never the same time because my cycles are wonky). That month, though, we just were not in the mood. I figured I would just keep using my OPKs and we would just give it shot once the test turned positive. Unfortunately the test turned a positive a couple of days before I was expecting it to. My DH works thirds and he had already left the house by the time I realized that I'd gotten a positive OPK. I was bummed but we gave it a shot the next morning just in case. That was the only time we'd DTD anywhere within my fertile zone, and that was the ticket. We must have gotten the swimmers in there right before the egg dropped. lol.

I just read that 2 days after ovulation the chances are 0.05%, combined with the fact that he didn't finish. I'm guessing you guys are right about the 4th.

I would agree with PP's. Sounds like the 4th was the day, but you won't have conceived until your egg dropped, probably on the 6th. The doctor will date you from your last period and guestimating, I'd say you're right around 5 weeks. Congratulations! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->