When did it become reality your having a baby?

Bride2b

Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy and I am 18 weeks. I have never really been maternal and am not that good with kids ( I guess as I dont have much experience with them), but have always known I will have children.

I dont think I have quite realised that in 20 something weeks I will be a mum, it doesnt seem reality. Is this normal?

We have our 20 week scan in 2 weeks and we are going to find out the sex, before we fell pregnant we both would have loved a little girl, but now we just want a healthy baby and really dont mind if its not a girl. Does it become more real once you know what you are having? I am hoping so as I have not looked at anything in the shops to do with babies or even considered buying anything yet. I guess I am worried about not bonding, reading on these forums people seems so in love with their little ones on the way (not that I dont love it) it just isnt real yet.

I hope this makes sense......just wanted some feedback on if/when reality hit that you were bringing a new life into the world.

x

Same here, I be 18 weeks pregnant tommorow, its my first pregnancy and I be finding out gender in 2 weeks! (can't wait) It doesn't feel real too me either, the 12 week scan seems so far away and I felt no movement, only sign I am pregnant is my growing bump.

It so strange think this time next year we be a mum and this person will always be in our life. I haven't brought anything really either, once you know the gender thats when fun starts!

Hi, this is my first and I feel the same way. People say I must bee so excited but it's difficult to feel excited when I don't even feel pregnant, I just feel fatter than normal. I'm 18 Weeks and my next scan is at 21 so am hoping I feel it's more real then!

Same here, I be 18 weeks pregnant tommorow, its my first pregnancy and I be finding out gender in 2 weeks! (can't wait) It doesn't feel real too me either, the 12 week scan seems so far away and I felt no movement, only sign I am pregnant is my growing bump.

It so strange think this time next year we be a mum and this person will always be in our life. I haven't brought anything really either, once you know the gender thats when fun starts!

Thanks judge12, I have started to feel small movements but I think because the feel similar to a muscle spasam (sp) or wind that too doesnt seem that real. I have no bump (& even people at work dont realise I am pregnant! I am hoping a little bump will start growing in a few weeks as then that might feel more real too!

I am glad I am not the only one - its great you are at the same point in your pregnancy as me too! Think once I find out it its blue or pink I will be straight to the shops!
x

Thurs when I was told I was having a boy! Its finally sunk in! I actually cried lol

with ella it was hard not to believe it because i was so ill for most of the pregnancy! i finally believed it truly though when i saw her on the screen at 12 weeks.

this is my second baby and at first i didnt believe it because it took me over a yr to conceive ella and yet i conceived this lil one when she was only 3-4 months old!! i feel baby kicking now and i know that there IS a baby in there and we have been looking at stuff (we cant justify getting much as we only just had a baby haha) mainly boy stuff cus i have a feeling its a boy...

but when im home playing with my baby girl and feeding her and things, it feels like, surely this cant be changing already? i cant quite believe that by the time she is 1, just after, i will be redoing the whole year! i still have milk from stopping bfing her at 6 months when my supply dropped-how can i soon be producing a ton of new milk like i was in april??
that kind of thing!
i do know im having a baby but i dont think itll truly sink in til he or she is here. and i was worried i would never love it as much as i love my daughter - but i do :D xxx

It became so much more teal after I found out I was having a girl . I feel her kick now and the bond is so much stronger!!!

With DD I was in so much pain with pelvic problems and I had horrific heartburn that I spent so much time just "coping" with that so I didn't really think about the baby at the end. Don't get me wrong at all the scans I was so happy when I saw her and I looked at the pictures and enjoyed the kicks and worried on days when she wasn't active but I never really felt the connection between the 2. It was when I was having the c-section and I saw them holding her little body while trying to get her head out that I had that "OH MY!" moment!!

This time I make the connection more but again I see babies when I'm out and don't really feel like I'll have one in a few months time. I'm not concerned about that though as I know I'm a good mum and love DD to bits and will be the same with this little man.

This is my 6th pregnancy but possibly my 2nd earth baby... after all we've been through it doesnt seem possible we could bring home a new baby.

Love her so much though, she's definitely real... just the possibility of having her home doesnt seem it!

It hasnt sank in for me yet , it sort of did when we found out we are having a boy, sometimes i go in the spare room and look at his cot waiting to be made up and all his little clothes ive washed and folded but i really can not imagine i have a little boy and in a few months he will be here, not even kicks seem to do it, it probally wont hit me untill im in labour, my hubby on the other hand is already dropping his name into sentences like hes already here where i still seem to be stuck on calling him the baby

For me the moment came when my belt no longer fit. Even the sonogram didn't have as much effect on me as that moment. I'm 17 weeks and haven't gained any weight, actually lost some. My husband says I have a definite bump ... and I guess the belt proves him right. I can't find the correct words to describe that moment, but I suddenly understood that there was something growing inside me.

It really sank in to me at my 20 ultrasound. When it was over I laid on the bed and just cried because it was all so surreal. Up until that time I refused to go into a baby store and look at things because I was so paranoid.... I am so excited for our little girl to arrive.... She is kicking a lot now and pretty hard, so she is def in there and doing well!

Felt more real after I saw him on 3d this week! Plus he now moves constantly, so thats a def. reminder! ha ha

I've had off and on days throughout 1st tri and now early in 2nd tri. I think the thing that really stuck me was when I went from an 8w stick figure looking thing with a heart beat to a 20w baby in me - complete with body parts and a wild child personality. To meet my son at the anomaly scan... that's when it really sunk in that the squirming inside me is indeed another human, my baby. It's an overwhelming, yet awesome feeling. :)

Totally totally honestly I didn't believe it until I literally was told to "catch" my baby when I had him - I was in a birthing pool - I don't know what I thought was going to happen, I wasn't being negative & thinking that something was going to go horribly wrong, I just could not get my head round it! I think especially when youve just had that one scan & youve probably not felt that much movement it is no wonder you can't get your head round it! I still can't believe we're going to have another newborn even though we've already done it once!!

Xxx

This is my first pregnancy and I am 18 weeks. I have never really been maternal and am not that good with kids ( I guess as I dont have much experience with them), but have always known I will have children.

I dont think I have quite realised that in 20 something weeks I will be a mum, it doesnt seem reality. Is this normal?

We have our 20 week scan in 2 weeks and we are going to find out the sex, before we fell pregnant we both would have loved a little girl, but now we just want a healthy baby and really dont mind if its not a girl. Does it become more real once you know what you are having? I am hoping so as I have not looked at anything in the shops to do with babies or even considered buying anything yet. I guess I am worried about not bonding, reading on these forums people seems so in love with their little ones on the way (not that I dont love it) it just isnt real yet.

I hope this makes sense......just wanted some feedback on if/when reality hit that you were bringing a new life into the world.

x

I'm the same really, and I've had my 20 week scan too. I kinda drift in and out of realisation that I will be responsible for my very own child in about 16 weeks!
Finding out the gender definately made me and the OH realise how real it's becoming. And also when I started feeling the first kicks and pokes.
But I just take it day by day and tend to forget and just know I'm pregnant, if that makes sense.

I know I'm pregnant, but don't always remember I'm getting something at the end of it all!!

with my 1st i remember at certain times i would just get this mad feeling like omg im realy goin to be a mummy, then id think it has hit me but then weeks later it would happen again and id be like omg im havin a baby lol think i finaly realised it wen i was left on my own with him after giving birth to him and was time to feed him and i didnt know how lol, i was like ok then its just me and u lil man and onto the boob he went haha !!

My 20 week scan.... It hit me like a ton of bricks that OMG we are actually having a son in 20 weeks time. We were both totally shell shocked, much more so than when I got my bfp or the 1st scan.

I've had my 20 week scan, found out we are having a boy, felt kicks, been sick, have a bump, set up a baby shower registry and I STILL look at the bassinet set up in our bedroom with a bit of shock and disbelief. I know we are having a baby and I'm happy he seems healthy and active, but the weeks are flying by! It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that a helpless baby will be completely dependent on me and DH and I have a great stepson that I've been partially responsible for years. I'm excited, but still in sort of disbelief if that makes sense and this baby is wanted.

last night in a&e :D .... the image of the quick ultrasound has had me quite happily in a daze today when i should be studying!!

I refuse to go shopping though yet. I am saving myself for after my exams to enjoy a nice day out with my husband and to buy my first baby grow for my baby!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->