when did you first let your baby stay away overnight?

whitelilly

Mummy :)
Reaction score
Our son is just over 4 weeks old and we have a wedding to go to in 2 weeks. My mum reckons she will keep LO overnight so hubby and I can catch up o our sleep.

Now, in theory this is great but I don't know if I can bear to part with my son!!! I know he will be ok but something inside me is panicking about him being kept over at my mum's... it's not like she's inept- she raised 4 of us!!! :shrug:

He's still very young, if you don't feel comfortable with it then don't do it as you won't enjoy yourself at all. I have a wedding coming up which I don't think I'll go to as I don't want to leave LO for hours and hours even though she'll be asleep when I leave and probably still be asleep when I get back!
I've never left her overnight and don't plan on for ages yet. I'm just not ready.

katie first stayed the night at my mum's for my birthday about a month ago! well, looking at your sig, it was 4 weeks 2 days ago lol, my birthday's the day before your LOs! i felt the same way about it as you, i know my mum's had 2 of us and my dad's got 2 kids aswell, but you still worry about them! at 6 weeks ish, tbh they probs wont realise the difference of not being with you! anyone that'll give them a cuddle's good for them!

I've not left charlie overnight yet but you just do whatever you feel is best hun! xx

you see the thing is, i have to have a hernia op sometime which will require at least one night in hospital... so i will have to do it soon anyway.

I asked my mum just to watch him at our house, that way he will be there when i get home. but she only lives a few streets away and has a 10 year old so she really needs to be at hers. xx

You have to do what you think is best but I don't think there would be anything wrong with your LO being with your mum overnight. It gets harder when they're a few months older because they get less willing to be without mum or dad...so enjoy it while he'll stay over without too much upset!

if you dont feel comfortable thatis understandable. my lo is almost 18 months and hasnt stayed away overnight yet, i suppose ive never come across the need. when he was younger i would probably have let someone have him if it was really neccessary, but now i think i would have to get someone to stay at our home with him because i really dont think he would go to bed somewhere else.
do what you feel is best hun , it will probably do you good to have a night away but if your night will be ruined by missing / worrying about lo then it may not be worth going.
could your mum not bring her 10 year old with her ? i say a 10 year old will adapt more easily to sleeping in a different house to a 1 month old.

Ly is almost 7 months and I still havent left her over night with anyone yet. One day maybe..
You do what you feel comfy with
x

Its totally whatever you feel comfy with hun. Jack has never stayed out overnight and hes 3, either has Rosie, not cause I am over protective or anything just cause we dont feel the need I would rather have him home. But my friend has left both her LO's overnight every week from being 2 weeks old! x

I've not yet...and I don't think i could. it was bad enough going out without him and coming back. Not sure i could have coped with him not being there when i got home...but it's whatever you feel comfortable with!

i was talking to my sister and the first time she stayed away overnight from her kids her eldest was 13! Lol

I haven't left him overnight. I have let my mum watch him through the night but I was in the other room, I ended up getting him as he was screaming for at least half an hour. I would do it but he's not a good sleeper and is a mummys boy so very hard to settle if he's not with me. do what you feel comfortable with hun , you can't force yourself to leave him if your uneasy about it

I have left Daniel overnight just once when he was about a year old...

It is much easier to leave them overnight (if you are not breastfeeding or leave expressed milk) when they are still tiny. I wish I have done it more then... I just think that up to about 3-4 months they don't really care who looks after them as long as they get fed/changed/settled...

But after a certain time babies do need their mummy, so now it is really difficult for us to leave Daniel, because he knows his routine and wants his daddy to bath him and get him to sleep. In his cot and in his room...

So I would say - do it while you can. I wish I did.:hugs:

My mum first had Leo overnight when he was about 5 or 6 weeks old, everyone deserves a break for a night. x

Ive not left Maisie overnight yet and im not ready too anytime soon. Ok, id love the full nights sleep, but id feel so lost waking up and not seeing her!!

We havn't left Phoebe yet and at the moment I dont feel ready to. We are going away for night when she will be 8 months old, my mum will be having her but i'll still be a nervous wreck.

I left Rileigh overnight for the first time last night and he's almost 8 weeks. Me and OH had the day in Edinburgh (about 4 hours drive) as my Dad was in the Tattoo so really something I didn't want to miss. We didn't get home till 5am and had a sleep before picking him up. I have to admit though that I cried most of the day. I knew he would be fine but I just missed him loads. Turned out he had a better sleep at my Mums than he usually does with us.

brandon-li stopped away from me last night! hes 4 weeks today!, granted he was with daddy at my sister in laws, but they still aint back yet!:( so getting abit twitchy! lol. missing him like mad but the break has been lovely but then hes a colicy baby so has just been nice to have a break from the constant crying!lol. but if you dont feel comfortable then dont do it huni. xx

I left my little girl with my parents for the first time last night. I was very nervous even though I new she would be fine. I was so excited to pick her up this morning and she was so happy to see me too.

I think the first time you leave your LO it will be really hard regardless of age I feel more confident now that I have done it once (that doesn't mean I'll be making a habit of it though!!) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->