When did you jelly belly go away??

My belly is back to normal in terms of size and tone from exercising lots, but still wrinkly! I'm 6 months pp. I don't think it will ever go truly back to normal.

Mine still here 16 weeks pp, it looks terrible, I can't seem to find the time to exercise either. I always keep my top on in bed now :(

I have still have mine, probably my fault it hasnt gone as i dont do hardcore exercise lol

Mine's still here. :( And to make it even worse, my ab muscles split.

Same thing happened with my abs now I have the worst back pain!

I've had ridicules back pain since I had my son as well. I'm not sure if it's pregnancy related or something else. Yoga does seem to help a little.

Jelly belly......I think I'm going to steal this term. I been calling it my flaps

The fat on my belly is gone but I don't have as ripped a belly I used to have. It does look very flat though and it's toning up slowly. I do exercise quite a bit though (5-6 times a week).

Like Aliss says avoid sit ups at the early weeks pp. Oh and I'm loving Tracy Anderson's Post Pregnancy workout DVD.

I had a C-Section and its still there 4 months on. :nope: Though I'm not doing myself any favor's as I sit here contemplating having a slice of chocolate fudge cake after I just devoured a chicken and stuffing sandwich with a bag of crisps! :dohh::blush:

Don't worry about it! Your a newish mummy! It also depends when you are able to exercise normally and eating correctly! My lo is almost 5 months and I've just started dieting I just couldn't get into it!!

I think initially just looking after lo was all I was thinking about so I ate what I wanted! Now I'm on track yehhh

Still got mine! I'm 20 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight and it great shape, but I can't loose it. I just think my body changed after baby and I'm accepting of it.

By jelly belly do you mean extra skin, or like fatty tissue?

Both! And I have wrinkly skin underneath my jelly belly it's so damn depressing

I know what you mean! I don't habe any fat left anymore. I got down to a zero, and my 6 pack shows, I look amazing naked and standing but the moment I bend over the skin I do have extra falls to the middle and hangs! :sick: its wrinkly looking st the bottom when it hangs too!

This I'm afraid. The wrinkly skin can improve over time if you work hard at slowly building muscle in the abdominal area but that can take years of work. The fat itself comes down to again, slow loss over time. If you have a diastasis it will look worse (and you need to do proper exercise to correct this, see diastasisrehab.com).

I will always have that lovely wrinkly above my button (so much for that cute outie when pregnant the 1st time) but I've done a lot of improvements. The key is consistency and PATIENCE... this can take years.

And I totally hear about the husband. I don't even like certain positions anymore b/c he'll see my belly. My once beautiful flat 6 pack...

I think mine is too far gone, even though itonly shows bending over, there is quite a bit. I only gained 20 pounds in pregnancy but I did not show till 29 weeks, and got a big belly, and went back flat immedietly so I think that was the cause of this. I guess after my next baby, mini tummy tuck, and boobies to fix these awful AA cup boobies! :haha:

You are all going to hate me when I tell you 6 days PP and back in my size 4 skinny jeans at 10 days PP...
and this is baby #2 and I turn 40 in a couple months.
Honestly, it's mostly down to genetics. I do generally eat well (everything in moderation) and keep myself active too.

You are all going to hate me when I tell you 6 days PP and back in my size 4 skinny jeans at 10 days PP...
and this is baby #2 and I turn 40 in a couple months.
Honestly, it's mostly down to genetics. I do generally eat well (everything in moderation) and keep myself active too.

You are right. We all hate you ha ha! :hugs::kiss:

Mine was mostly gone about 4 months pp, but it still isn't the same as it was before baby (I'm 8months pp). I'm fairly skinny too (5'6" 120 lbs) and don't put weight on very easily. So give it time, and definitely start doing crunches if you feel you can- it won't tighten the skin but it'll tighten everything underneath, which will make the whole situation look better :).

I will say, I am lucky, I look great and went from a size 5 pre pregnancy to a zero, and have a 6 pack which I didn't have even before him and I don't work out at all. The loose skin is from me getting as big as a normal pregnant woman for the time frame of 8 weeks at the end, and shrinking down so fast, my skin didn't have time to adjust. It only does it bending over, so no bending at the pool, if I drop something I'll keep on walking :rofl: Sigh....at least I have room to grow in next pregnancy and maybe not get stretchmarks in that one either, I was so lucky this time around! :haha:

I still have mine :nope:
Not been able to excercise as i had gallstones after pregnancy and then had an operation to remove them...now im too busy running around after LO :nope:

I lost all my baby weight (around 30lbs) straight away, weighed myself either the day i gave birth or the day after and i was back to pre pregnancy weight! Im now 3lb lighter than pre pregnancy and my belly looks awful :nope:

First pic 2 days before i gave birth. Second pic 5 months PP

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag138/Pixie5912/DSC_3504_zps8ab16c63.jpg
https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag138/Pixie5912/DSC_3506_zps0fb9ae09.jpg

Mine has gone but I have a different shaped belly button which I am sulking about.

I don't have a flabby/loose belly but I do have an extra layer or two of fat on my lower tummy, which has resulted into a little pouch now! Have to go to the gym, but haven't done any excersize for a good while now:-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->