When did you lose your mucus plug? Ftm

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
Right so I'm 39+1. I was absolutely convinced baby would come before due date.. But the closer I get.. The more I feel I will go over.

I don't want to go over.. I want to experience everything as naturally as I can in terms of going into labour.. So losing the plug, waters breaking, contractions. I don't like the sound of being induced.. I'm a very anxious person and I think I'll be anxious enough from it all happening the way it naturally should.. So to have more medical intervention with being induced would make me panic.

I've had more tightenings in my tummy.. Almost happening all the time, I currently have some back ache and tummy period type pain.. But every time I get that I think ooo is this like early signs? And nothing happens and it goes away or its gas haha.

I found an excercise ball and I'm giving it a go for back pain relief and I'm bouncing in hope it will at least make baby come on time rather than much later (only started bouncing today!)

But.. I'm just kinda waiting for the mucus plug to go.. Like by the sounds of it everyone is losing theirs almost a days or a couple of weeks before their due date and the only thing that I've come close to is maybe a bit of blood stained discharged.. Definitely not plug. If anything I had lost tiny bits of my plug way back in second tri.. So I know what it's meant to be like.. But had no such type of discharge lately..

So.. To stop me rambling!!! How many days or weeks before you were due did you lose your plug?!

I feel like I'm going to be so over due :(

Last time and this time, I've lost bits of my plug over the fortnight before I've given birth. Never tons, but normally something there every time I wipe. Can't remember if I had a show in advance first time. I'm guessing not because i cant find anything on my posts from last time. We're approaching my third week of losing plug and I don't feel baby is imminent. I'm due the same day as you and had DS at 39+0. Feel like I've gone overdue already!

he hun with my first i had no warning of labour was even laughin wi oh mum in shop day before birth. In show shop an woman told me not go in labour lol. We dtd 9am fri nite i woke 2.50am backache waited hour an called mw(i was on titoes due pain, told bath an parcetmol an call back in hour lol lasted 15mins in bath. I was 1cm at 6am i think, waters broke with pop at 8.40am an son born 1.55 sat (10hrs after backache) i had no show until waters broke (i think) an this was 39+5. I like you found out on tht thurs that id have be induced if 12days over, didnt want tht. I dnt even think i felt bh? They say most firsts come late an are long lol i dreaded that. It will happen when your ready hun.

A good friend of my dh and I was due exactly a week after me.. (Oct 27th) Well, she spontaneously had her water break, and she went into labor last week. She ended up having her baby first! She said she was on the lookout for her mucus plug and never saw it. So don't count on that as something you will definitely see! :) I'm still on the lookout for mine as I'm due in 3 days.. but now I've come to the realization that nothing has a "certain" way of happening.. LoL. Just hoping it happens soon! :)

I'm losing small bits now, same as in my last pregnancy. I didn't actually lose the whole plug until I was about 7cm in my last labour. My MW told me to go to the toilet to empty my bowels as I was blocking baby coming down and there it was looking gooey & disgusting in my underwear lol.

With DD I never lost it and had a hard long labor. My water broke at 4cm and still took 10 hours to finally deliver her. I had her at 40:3

DS was completely different. Started at 30 weeks I began to 'lose' my plug. Then learned the damn thing can replenish itself. I went into labor with him at 39:4. Had no idea until I started spotting. Then lost my 'official' plug. Which was gross and not what I had expected. It was a quarter to a half cup of goo and blood. There was noooo missing it. I then went into transition and deliver 3 hours later. Heh.

I walked a lot at the end with him to try and avoid being induced. Not sure if it helped or not. I think it may have. I know I tried raspberry tea and supplements that week too. Not sure what really helped!! Oh. And sex!

I honestly found induction to give me less anxiety than going natural. So if you have to be induced try not to stress! You know when you're going into labor and not constantly thinking "is this it?" "Do I go in?" "Will I make it in time" and the fact baby is monitored and I know she is ok relieves so much stress to me.

But anywho! With my first I went naturally. I honestly didn't have much warning before things kicked off. Lost plug in bits and pieces in an hour, last bit had a tinge of blood and my contractions kicked off. Had baby 22 hours later. It was a long labor and delivery, was at the hospital within an hour of the first contraction and was admitted.

Good luck!

I didnt lose it until I was over 4cm dialated, in the pool, in well established labour, what came first for me was the contractions!

I never saw my mucus plug at all with dd. In fact I went to bed at 11pm feeling absolutely nothing and no different to always - she was born at 5.37am the next morning.

With my first, I lost my plug about 7-8 hours before my son made his arrival. The second time, I had no signs of it at all. It must have come out in the gush of amniotic fluid when I got to the hospital or during labor when I couldn't see it.

I lost mine during labour in the hospital. Was quite a surprise after going to the toliet lol

I never visibly lost mine with either pregnancy. I was in established labor at hospital and never saw anything. My water didn't break either. Doc had to break my water at about 6-7 cm both times.

Never lost mine and I am 39+4 now with no signs either. First labour my waters went at 39+6 without any pains or anything beforehand xxx

I dont think is any link between the 2. I didnt lose mine, some only came away after having internal i was 5-6cm at that point.

I started loosing bits of it this time around 32 weeks, over the past week it has gotten considerably more each time and you can clearly see its mucus plug now.

fingers crossed this is the start for you.

I lost mine with my DD about 3 hours after my waters had broken at 39+1.

This pregnancy, I lost it 2 days ago and have zero labour signs :wacko::cry:

With my first I lost my plug about 6 hours after I started having contractions, with my second I didn't lose my plug although he was a quick labour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->