When did you O after stopping BCP pill?

frsttimemama

Trying again w/ Baby #2!
Reaction score
Just curious as to when you O'ed after stopping BCP! I had irregular cycles the first time so I have no clue what to expect. I take Lo Loestrin if that matters. Thanks! :)

Edited to add that I have PCOS, so I'm sure that could/will make a difference. I'm just curious how it works for a "normal woman".

You really don't know when you ovulate after BCP unless you temp and use OPK. Both help you pinpoint ovulation more precisely :)

Thanks. :) I guess I should have worded the question different. More along the lines of how long did it take to start having regular cycles again is what I'm wondering.

When I stopped the pill I didn't ovulate until about 30 days later. My first 2 cycles after bcp were 38-40 days long and had an 8 day LP. They have been slowly getting a little better. I was on the pill 15 years though. I don't have PCOS or anything to my knowledge. Just a short LP.

It can take some time. My friend ovulated a couple days after stopping, I ovulated a month later. Depends. If you check cervical mucus, do temps or use opks (or all 3) you can track where you are in your cycle and where you are going to be likely to O.

Hey! I don't have any answers for you I stopped my progesterone only pill on Friday and am also looking out for my ovulation! I'm temping every day and started OPKs yesterday but so far my OPKs don't even have a second line haha. Would love to follow your progress and see when yours comes if you're tracking?

Thanks ladies!

I small still on my pill for a month until I get ok from my doctor to TTC. I will update when I get to that point though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->