when did you really try your doppler ...

mom and ttc

Reaction score
i know i wont hear anything until about 12 weeks. but when did you start using it? mine got delivered yesterday. i wont hear anything but i am curious... dont know if i can wait 3-4 more weeks to try

With my LO mine worked at 10 weeks but i had to push it down behind the bone. It was a bit hard to find at 1st but you soon know it when you hear it.

You might be able to hear it now unless its a specific 12 week one. I heard mine at 8+6 x

I tried mine at 8 weeks and heard nothing. Tried everyday since LOL but still nothing. The instructions say 12+ weeks, so I'm not surprised. Now I stopped using it, because I'd just get angry after!

I found mine at 10w 3days. But it was still very low down and hard to find x

i bought one which said it would detect at 10 weeks plus but i tried at 10 weeks and 11 weeks and even at 12 i think, but i didnt find neither of the heartbeats i dont think!!! i gave up!!!! lol!! but theres so many people that do find it! so if you want to try then give it a go but dont get discourage if you dont find it!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I purchased one second hand so it didn't come with a manual. But I heard it at just over 9 weeks the day I got it.. and every day I've tried since!! i've been lucky!! :)

What dopplers have you got ladies?

I have the Sonoline B and heard it from 8 weeks 6 days. I don't use it much now cause I can feel her move but up until 2 weeks ago I used it everyday.

I got my Sonoline B doppler this weekend. Tried it out this morning and only heard the heartbeat for a couple of seconds - not even long enough for it to register on the screen. It was pretty cool though :)

Question - did anyone else have cramping after using their doppler? Maybe I was pushing a little to hard. It's not bad but it's sore.

I also have the sonoline b and heard the hearbeat at 8+5. It took ALOT of patience though. I was probably trying for about 45 minutes. When I finally found it I only had to move the prove a millimeter and it would disappear again.

first time i tried it i was 10 weeks and i only found it the first time i tried and then every day after that i didnt have much luck. I would hear it for like a couple of seconds ant it was gone. I found the heart beat at 11w1d. Also when i was looking for the baby last week she/he moved twice. at first i thought it was just me but then it happend again. I guess i was irritating the poor little thing. It was great to know that she/he was fine =) bestest luck to you. (i used HiBebe)

I got my Sono B last night and now wish I never bought it. I can't hear my baby's heartbeat and now I'm upset and worried. I knew buying it woild be a bad idea. :growlmad:

Tried initially at 9w6d, but didn't find the heart beat until 10w1d. It became a lot easier to find after 12 weeks though.

I got my Sono B last night and now wish I never bought it. I can't hear my baby's heartbeat and now I'm upset and worried. I knew buying it woild be a bad idea. :growlmad:

That's the one I have too, and TBH, I think it's a kinda crappy piece of equipment. I would wait a week and make sure your bladder is VERY full. Don't rely on the heart rate count on the screen either - it's not accurate at all, especially early on. Have a timer ready to count the beats for yourself.

That's the one I have too, and TBH, I think it's a kinda crappy piece of equipment. I would wait a week and make sure your bladder is VERY full. Don't rely on the heart rate count on the screen either - it's not accurate at all, especially early on. Have a timer ready to count the beats for yourself.

Thanks, I will follow your advice.

I got to hear my baby's heartbeat an hour ago!!! I filled my bladder and was very patient. It was slightly on the right side of my belly button and right above my pelvic area. :thumbup:

Sonoline and I heard it yesterday at 10+2 :cloud9: It took me a while to find it as it was so low down.
Maybe set yourself a date when you allow yourself to use it? I wouldn't have one in the house before this as I am nervous enough already and didn't want to be disappointed/upset/stressed.

I bought the sonoline b 3 MHz, only $50

Same one.

Heard HB first time on 8w2d. I haven't tried it again since then, kinda lazy lol.
I sort of should. My 9th and 10th week are pretty smooth, no symptoms. It's nice, but worrying sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->