When did your pants get uncomfortable?

kategirl

PAL w/ #2
Reaction score
Okay, kind of silly question time... When did your pants start getting uncomfortable?

With my first, I got pregnant in May and it was a super hot summer, so the jersey skirts and such I normally wore were just fine for a while. I think it was about 9-10 weeks before I started getting a bit uncomfortable sitting around in buttoned up jeans/cotton pants all day, but even then it was a while longer before it really bothered me.

This time around, I'm only 3 and a half weeks and my stomach already feels all bloated and really irritated if I wear jeans! It's not that my pants dont fit, it's just that the waistband seems to be digging into me. Crazy! I wore yoga pants to work today (I work in a very casual office; you could wear pajamas if you wanted, and I've seen people do it :)) because I didn't want to deal with that again all day.

Also, it feels like it's more difficult to hold my stomach in, and it kind of makes me nauseous to do so.

This is my first and it was around 5.5 weeks I noticed the waistband just made my stomach hurt when sitting for so long. I wear a belt right now with my jeans or dress pants unbuttoned and a longer shirt. It seems to be ok so far (7 weeks). A friend is in the US this week and is bringing me back a BellaBand, so we will see how long that keeps me in my dress pants

I'm 10.5 weeks and I've been wearing shorts/pants that I outgrew since about 6 weeks. that's one positive about not tossing out my old bottoms from 3 sizes ago - I have jeans and pants that are too big for the fall when I start showing more. Buys me time before I have to buy maternity clothes I can't afford.

I'm 8w3d and already uncomfortable. I haven't tried on any jeans as its been summer and warm but my work pants are quite snug and I can probably only pull off wearing them another week or two MAX.

my stomach is way bloated and i can't stop eating.:haha::haha::wacko:

It was about eight weeks first time, and I was in maternity wear by 14 weeks
This time I'm expecting to have to switch to my maternity clothes by about ten weeks.

Well, I was definitely bloated right away so pants weren't comfortable for the first couple weeks. As for actually having a belly, it was around 12 weeks when they were uncomfortable and 16 weeks when I needed maternity pants for my first, and 9 weeks when they were uncomfortable and 13 weeks when I needed maternity pants this time.

I was super bloated right away. I wore skirts and dresses for the first 6 weeks or so, plus a pair of underbelly maternity pants I found at the thrift store if I really needed long pants. Then I found a stash of old shorts in a bigger size, so I started wearing those. Now the bloating has gone down but the bump has started, so I don't think I'll be seeing my normal pants for awhile...

5 1/2 weeks here. And I still can't stand anything on my stomach when I'm nauseous, so maternity pants aren't helping either.

with my first I didn't have to really start wearing maternity pants until almost 8 months.

This time around, my dress slacks started to get really uncomfortable around 14 weeks, and broke down and bought some maternity pants.

Started getting uncomfy at around 6 weeks. I have some maternity jeans now hehe.

I'm 9 and a half weeks and this week my waist bands are getting really uncomfortable. I might try to dig out some old clothes in bigger sizes before I go for maternity ones as I really don't want to say anything at work yet and I think people will notice if I start wearing maternity trousers.

I'm 8w2d and will buy maternity pants this weekend, because my jeans actually hurt me right now. I have to wear them with the fly down to be any kind of comfortable :lol:

That's funny. I was just thinking the same thing. I'm only 4.5 weeks and I've been thinking how uncomfortable my waistband is. It's not that it doesn't fit. It's just uncomfortable and I want to keep loosening it. I don't remember when I started needing to leave my button open the first time around. I am wondering if it's just the initial bloating. I remember having that the first go-'round as well.

Also, it feels like it's more difficult to hold my stomach in, and it kind of makes me nauseous to do so.

I've had this since before I got my BFP - a complete inability to suck my stomach in, and when I try it makes me feel sick. I think its normal! I'm nearly 10 weeks and my trousers are really starting to get tight, I bought jeans in next size up though as dont want to be wearing maternity jeans yet until its public knowledge.x

I'm 9 and a half weeks and this week my waist bands are getting really uncomfortable. I might try to dig out some old clothes in bigger sizes before I go for maternity ones as I really don't want to say anything at work yet and I think people will notice if I start wearing maternity trousers.

I don't think my underbelly maternity pants were obvious when I wore them before I was showing. Even now, I'd just look like I was gaining weight if you didn't know better. Overbelly might be more obvious.

On a related note, my pajama pants have been getting uncomfortable the last few days, so I ordered some maternity yoga pants. I'm pretty confident in saying that these are the most comfortable pants I've ever worn in my life. The only thing that beats them for comfort is no pants, which is obviously not always a viable option. I would recommend that any of you with legs go buy a pair right now.

MrsK - I feel the same exact way about a pair of maternity legging I bought last time! They are the absolute perfect legging for wearing under dresses, and I was sad to not be able to wear them last year.

Alright, so I've bought my first pair of maternity jeans today. My regural ones were actually hurting me and I'm much more comfortable now. Sigh, I'm only 8w3d....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->