When Did Your Toddlers Drop Their Nap/s

Jacks

Mummy to Maiya and Riley
Reaction score
Hiya ladies, Maiya is 20 months old on the 8th June and hasn't napped at all during the day this week, she gets tired and I put her to bed but she just gets up and I find if I try and force her to sleep she is a nightmare at bedtime, with her not napping during the day she is going straight to sleep at bedtime whereas usually she gets up loads! She is sleeping 11-12 hours at night now she ain't having an afternoon sleep, but I know she is getting tired around 3pm but just refuses to nap lately, I was wondering if she is too young to cut out her naps???

My niece is 22 mos and often times doesn't nap during the day. Not sure if that is typical as every baby is different, but I know my son (17 mos) couldn't make it. He needs those naps.

I would venture to say if she can handle it and not get too fractious throughout the day then she may be ready.

Dannielle is 2 and still has 1 nap a day after lunch. Usually about an hour sometimes longer if she gets up abit earlier. But if we're out for the day she will stay awake and go to bed earlier.

My 25 month old is no longer napping. I tried and tried to keep her doing it, but it was a struggle every time, and the end result is that even on the rare occasion when it would work and she'd fall asleep -- that meant she wouldn't be able to fall asleep at bed time.

So I gave up. I think are naps are gone for us! :nope:

But the good news is that nighttime sleeping is great. She's exhausted at bedtime and sleeps like a log. So -- I guess everything's a trade off!

Freya is 2 yrs & 4 months and we have been having trouble with this, we had been making sure that her nap was no later than 2.30, but now it seems that any nap at all means that she wont go to sleep at night, staying awake till gone 10pm, it is hard because she is tired at lunch but then when she wont sleep at night its not helping, so the last 2 days have not had a nap and she has gone straight to sleep - its a long day though with no break in the middle of the day for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyla naps after lunch for anywhere between 1-3 hours, and always goes down fine at bedtime, but if we are out all day she is usually fine to just go to bed earlier, we will carry on with naps till she decides she doesn't need them, my sister has 4 kids and she told me about 3 when All hers stopped the map all together so I'll go with that and wait for lyla

Thanks ladies, being pregnant again I really miss that 1-2 hours in the afternoon I had to put my feet up or even have a snooze, she still hasn't napped during the day but gets tired and ratty, though she woke up at 4.30am this morning full of beans and is already showing signs she is getting tired, not sure she will manage the whole day without a nap, I try to encourage her to snooze if she wants to but she just won't! But I know if she does it will be a nightmare getting to sleep at bedtime.

My son was 2.5 yrs old when he gave up his daytime sleep.

My first daughter stopped her naps at 3 years old. My second daughter is now 2yr 4m and for the last couple of months has been dropping her daytime nap everynow and then, its becoming more frequent recently though...maybe in a week she may have 1 day when she naps (and that is when I insist!)

lyssa started begninning to drop her naps around 19 months- she's 20 months now.
it had got to the point that if she napped at all then she wouldnt sleep at night, so we cut them out, she still sometimes nods off in the pram, or like yesterday, she was at a birthday party in the morning and so she needed a nap after lunch, but all in all, no naps.
i miss that time if im honest, but she was in bed for 6 ish tonight, and should sleep through until half 7 tomorrow so she's making up the nap time overnight x

Jacob stopped napping a really long time ago! He just wouldn't go to sleep, no matter how tired (although sleep has always been a battle for us!). For a while I could take him for a walk in the pram and he'd have about 30-40mins, but then that stopped a good while ago too. He will sleep in the car though, but that's the only place and only if he's really tired. Trouble is, if he sleeps for even 5 minutes in the day...he doesn't go to sleep until really late at night!

I miss the naps too haha! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"